You have a strong passion for working with young people and you enjoy helping them. You also have a solid understanding of responsibility, respect, initiative and commitment.
You can get started in a fulfilling career area at Middlesex Community College today!
Credit CERTIFICATE Program
Middlesex is on the cutting-edge of programming to meet the demands of today’s workforce, as the only community college in the state to offer a Certificate in Juvenile Justice.
This program, part of our Human Services offerings, prepares students for future work or continued education in juvenile and criminal justice and related areas.
This program brings together multiple disciplines in the study of child and adolescent services. In addition to developing more generalized counseling and intervention skills, specific learning objectives include the development of:
- Culturally specific community opportunities
- Gender specific programming
- Training components for at–risk youth in their communities
- Drop-out prevention awareness
- Conflict resolution training
- Assessment and intervention in teen violence
- Leisure and educational programming
- Youth activism and advocacy
- Strategies for safe schools and health initiatives
Students who enroll in this certificate program will be able to continue their studies, if desired, in the college’s Associate Degree in Human Services program. All of the courses in the certificate are found in, or transferable to, that degree program. The certificate consists of twenty-four (24) credits, and employment and development opportunities should be enhanced in the systems serving youth and families, juvenile justice, mental health, and community outreach and education.
This page was updated 1/10/18