Associate in Science Degree
This program is designed to serve both the student who wishes to acquire the requisite skills to pursue a career in accounting upon graduation or improve present skills, and for the student who wishes to transfer to a four-year college. Students intending to transfer should meet with the Coordinator of the Accounting program for advising. Learn More About This Program >
Associate Professor of Business
Office Location: Wheaton 313
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Organize, analyze, and interpret numerical data through knowledge and comprehension of accounting concepts and principles.
- Identify, gather, measure summarize, verify, analyze, and interpret useful financial and non-financial data.
- Identify and solve unstructured problems in unfamiliar setting and exercise judgment based on facts.
- Communicate through development of proficiency in oral/written/electronic communication skills and the development of the ability to explain financial data to others.
- Demonstrate leadership skill through the development of the ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team, including organization, control, and assessment of group-based work, and provide leadership when appropriate.
- Apply current technology including the ability to use spreadsheet software to analyze business problems, communicate using work processing and presentation software, develop accounting information using general ledger software, access information via internet, and understand information integrity and security issues.
- Develop a professional orientation through awareness of legal, regulatory, and ethical issues facing the profession, awareness of global financial practices, and understanding the methods for creating and managing change in organizations.
A Graduation Checklist is a printable list of course requirements you will use when you meet with your academic advisor each semester. The checklist helps you keep track of your progress from when you first enter MxCC to when you are ready to graduate.
This page updated 7/5/18