The Corporate Media Production certificate program prepares students for entry-level media production positions in business, industry and education. Emphasis is on hands-on production skills. Corporate media professionals tend to be generalists; therefore, this program provides students with a variety of production experiences including writing scripts, camera operation, video editing, web production and video streaming as they apply to business. An internal practicum in the college’s nationally recognized Corporate Media Center or an external internship at a company or non-profit organization is required.
Professor of Broadcast-Cinema
Office: Chapman Hall 606
- Provide students with a knowledge and experience with technology used in corporate media production, business and new media such as cameras, video editing workstations, microphones, video recorders and web based applications.
- Provide students with critical thinking skills so that style can be applied to their productions.
- Familiarize students with media content produced for business including sales, marketing and employee videos, educational television, event production, public relations and advertising.
- Prepare students for entry-level positions with course work, a developed resume, portfolio and internship experience.
- Develop students’ ability to apply written, oral, and visual communications to business environments.
- Develop students’ ability to learn new concepts and techniques as required for continuing professional development.
A Graduation Checklist is a printable list of course requirements you will use when you meet with your academic advisor each semester. The checklist helps you keep track of your progress from when you first enter MxCC to when you are ready to graduate.
|BBG*101 Intro to Business||3|
|BMK*106 Principles of Selling
OR + BMK* 201 Principles of Marketing
|COM*125 New Media Production||3|
|COM*142 Television Production||4|
|COM*264 Advanced Editing Workshop||3|
|COM*287 Advanced Media Production
OR + COM*294 Media Arts Workshop
|COM*293 Corporate Media Practicum||3|
|DGA*182 Digital Video Technology
OR COM*147 Digital Cinematography