Associate in Science Degree
This program is designed to provide a wide education in the liberal arts, as well as the skills necessary to pursue a career in retail or wholesale merchandising upon graduation. Students who have completed this program may seek immediate employment or may transfer to a four-year institution. With proper advising, students have successfully transferred to many colleges with a minimum loss of college credit. Before registering, it is the student’s responsibility to seek transfer advising with a Marketing advisor or counselor.
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of marketing and its contribution to the economic system and the global marketplace
- Demonstrate an understanding of marketing principles and methods as they apply to satisfying consumers and society as a whole
- Demonstrate an understanding of the marketing mix and its applications to product/service planning, price determination, distribution and promotion
- Demonstrate market research, market information and promotional strategies
- Apply and demonstrate the principles, methods and techniques of salesmanship and retailing
- Demonstrate an understanding of the interrelationship between marketing and all other functional areas within a business
- Demonstrate an understanding of electronic marketing and its importance on the future of business and industry
- Analyze managerial principles, techniques and functions of marketing organizations
- Demonstrate an understanding of how the United States economic system is organized, how it functions and how it impacts the global economy
- Demonstrate proficiencies in reading, writing, listening, presentation and analytical skills
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of moral and ethical marketing decisions
- Demonstrate computer proficiency in word processing, electronic spreadsheet, database management, general ledger accounting systems and presentation software
A Graduation Checklist is a printable list of course requirements you will use when you meet with your academic advisor each semester. The checklist helps you keep track of your progress from when you first enter MxCC to when you are ready to graduate.