Aesthetic Dimensions courses are designed so that students will understand the diverse nature, meanings, and functions of creative endeavors through the study and practice of literature, music, the theatrical and visual arts, and related forms of expression.
Students will demonstrate mastery of the Aesthetic Dimensions general education core competency by being able to:
- Apply key concepts, terminology, and methodologies in the analysis of literary, performing, visual, and other arts forms.
- Identify works of visual, performing, or literary art within historical, social, political, cultural, and aesthetic contexts.
- Articulate ways in which literature, performance, the visual arts and related forms respond to and influence society and culture.
- Actively engage with the literary, performing or visual arts and other cultural forms through experience or creative expression.
- Articulate the ethical dimensions surrounding the creation, circulation, and interpretation of works of visual, performing, or literary art.
2018-19 Course List
The following Middlesex Community College courses are designated as fulfilling the Aesthetic Dimensions general education core competency. (For full course descriptions, hover over the underlined Numbers below)
|ART*101||Art History I|
|ART*102||Art History II|
|ART*165||Metal and Jewelry Design I|
|ART*166||Metal and Jewelry Design II|
|ART*253||Oil Painting I|
|ART*254||Oil Painting II|
|ART*280||Advanced Digital Photography|
|COM*129||Digital Video Production|
|COM*154||Film Study & Appreciation|
|COM*220||Television Studio Production|
|COM*264||Advanced Editing Workshop|
|DGA*101||Introduction to Digital Arts|
|DGA*120||Digital Imaging I|
|DGA*182||Digital Video Technology|
|DGA*231||Digital Page Design I|
|DGA*241||Internet Web Design I|
|DGA*242||Internet Web Design II|
|DGA*250||Interactive Multimedia Production|
|DGA*257||Motion Graphics and Effects|
|ENG*282||Creative Writing – Poetry|
|ENG*283||Creative Writing – Fiction|
|GRA*150||Introduction to Graphic Design|
|GRA*251||Advanced Graphic Design|
|GRA*296||Graphic Design Internship|
|MUS*101||Music History and Appreciation|
|MUS*111||Fundamentals of Music I|
|MUS*137||History and Appreciation of Jazz|
|MUS*138||Rock and Roll History & Appreciation|
|MUS*152||Drumming and Percussion Ensemble|
|THR*101||Introduction to Theatre|
|THR*113||Performance for Film and Television|
|THR*121||Plays in Production I|