Associate in Arts Degree
This curriculum is designed for students who wish to transfer to a liberal arts program at a four-year institution. It consists of a broad program of general knowledge in the humanities and contains a science option for those students wishing to focus more intently in the sciences. Students should choose electives with consideration toward their intended field of specialization. Learn More About This Program >
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Read, write and communicate analytically in forms that involve and document outside sources.
- Understand the major literary, artistic and philosophical features of western and non-western cultures.
- Define the concept and function of culture.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the major developments in western civilization.
- Understand world events in terms of social scientific theories and paradigms.
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct meaningful research.
- Use mathematical tools and technology to create mathematical models.
- Analyze and solve problems numerically, graphically and symbolically.
- Use appropriate techniques to gather and analyze data.
- Apply the scientific method to solving problems.
- Understand and apply scientific principles.
- Work with others, including culturally and intellectually diverse peoples; think critically; and gain an appreciation for life-long learning.
- Demonstrate proficiency in a foreign language at the intermediate level.
A Graduation Checklist is a printable list of course requirements you will use when you meet with your academic advisor each semester. The checklist helps you keep track of your progress from when you first enter MxCC to when you are ready to graduate.
This page was last updated 10/9/17