Associate in Science Degree
This program prepares students for transfer to institutions with Bachelor’s Degree programs in Computer Engineering Technology, Industrial Technology, Networking Technology, or other related fields, or for entry into computer-based industry positions. The objectives of this hands-on, technically oriented program include:
- Provide students with a background in electric circuits, computer hardware and software, networking, and engineering standards to the building, testing, operation, and maintenance of computer systems and associated software systems.
- Provide students with the ability to apply science, engineering, and mathematical analysis in solving computer engineering technology problems.
- Prepare students to take the industry-based certification exams.
- Develop students’ ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in both technical and non-technical environments.
- Develop students’ ability to learn new concepts and techniques as required for continuing professional development.
The target audience for this program includes both full and part time students with an interest in pursuing a career as an IT Professional (including Network Administrator, Systems Administrator, Systems Analyst, Support Specialist), Programmer/Software Developer, or Computer Technologist or Engineer (Hardware/Software). This is a College of Technology Pathway Program with articulation agreements with four year institutions. Successful completion of the program allows students to enter their junior year in the Computer Engineering Technology Program at Central Connecticut State University. Consultation with the Program Coordinator is strongly recommended if students wish to transfer to other related programs or other institutions.
|Dr. Lin Lin
Associate Professor, Engineering
Office Location: Wheaton 313
A Graduation Checklist is a printable list of course requirements you will use when you meet with your academic advisor each semester. The checklist helps you keep track of your progress from when you first enter MxCC to when you are ready to graduate.
Degree RequirementsThe table with ID 0 not exists.
This page updated 10/9/17