There are numerous health care training opportunities in Connecticut with programs offered at a variety of educational levels. The links below will help you explore these programs and assist you with obtaining important transfer information. Students interested in transferring into a health care major are encouraged to meet with their advisor or a Counselor in the Career Development & Counseling Center for assistance with transfer planning.
Health Care Careers
- Allied Health Programs at Middlesex
Find out about credit allied health programs right here at Middlesex: Ophthalmic Design and Dispensing ( a program to become a licensed optician), Radiologic Technology, Biotechnology and Veterinary Technology.
- Health Care Careers in Connecticut Web Site
This web site is a comprehensive listing of credit and non credit programs in Connecticut. It includes a self-assessment “Is A Health Care Career for Me?”
- Nursing PathwaysThe profession of nursing is unique in that there are multiple levels available to enter the profession. This chart diagrams the nursing pathways in Connecticut.
- Registered Nurse (RN)This link explains the RN profession and the educational pathways to the degree; Associate, Diploma and Baccalaureate Programs
- The Connecticut Community College Nursing Program (CT-CCNP)
The CT-CCNP is an associate degree RN program offered at six Connecticut Community Colleges. A graduate of the nursing program is awarded an Associate in Science Degree in Nursing and is eligible to take the National Council Licensing Exam for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN).
- Guide to Selecting MxCC Courses for the CT-CCNP
This handout provides information on how Middlesex courses can be used to meet the CT-CCNP Nursing admissions and graduation requirements. Please note: Though updated annually, the information in this handout is subject to change without notice by the CT-CCNP.
- Connecticut Nursing Careers Web Site
This site provides information on nursing careers in Connecticut. It has a link to education programs for the RN and the BSN.
- Connecticut League for Nursing
This site provides career, education and scholarship information for future and current nurses.