Certified Nurse Aid (CNA)
The Certified Nurse Aide training program consists of lectures, skills development, and clinical training. Learn the proper way to perform nursing procedures essential to meeting the needs of patients under your care. The program is approved by the CT State Department of Public Health.
Certified Nurse Aides (CNAs) play a vital role in healthcare delivery by providing routine patient care. Working under the supervision of a nurse, CNAs perform vital patient measurements, including temperatures, pulses, and blood pressures. CNAs have direct patient contact assisting with daily activities, such as, bathing, walking, and eating.
Students who complete the CNA program are eligible to receive college credit through Charter Oak State College.
$1,199 (includes text, State of CT Certification exam fee, and CT Nurse Aide Registry application fee)
SUMMER 2018 COURSES
Directions to Clinical Locations:
- MxCC@Platt, 220 Coe Ave, Meriden, CT 06451 Directions to MxCC@Platt
- Apple Rehab, 600 Highland Ave., Middletown, CT 06457 Directions to Apple Rehab
- Essex Meadows Health Center, 30 Bokum Rd., Essex, CT 06426 Directions to Essex Meadows
- Wadsworth Glen, 30 Boston Rd., Middletown, CT 06457 Directions to Wadsworth Glen
- Water’s Edge, 111 Church St. , Middletown, CT 06457 Directions to Water’s Edge
$24,000 to $32,000
Amount you’ll earn*
*Bureau of Labor Statistics
Diane Bordonaro, MSN RN
Director of Non-Credit Programs
Office Location: Snow Hall, Room 514
Educational Assistant—Non-Credit Programs
Office Location: Snow Hall Rm. 515