Certified Nurse Aides play a vital role in healthcare delivery by providing routine patient care. Working under the supervision of a nurse, CNAs report vital patient information including temperatures, pulses, and blood pressures. CNAs have direct patient contact assisting with daily activities, such as, bathing, walking, and eating. The Certified Nurse Aide training program consists of lectures, skills development, and clinical training. Learn the proper way to perform nurse aide procedures essential to meet the needs of patients under your care.This program is approved by the State Department of Public Health. This program is eligible for WIA funding -contact CT Works early to inquire.
*Note: Convicted felons may have difficulty finding employment in the healthcare industry.
1) High-school diploma or GED.
2) English language competency. ESL students must be tested prior to registration. Call our office at 860-343-5716 for details.
3) Health Form and Proof of PPD test for Tuberculosis is required before the first class. CNA’s must be in good health and able to lift 40 pounds.
4) Must be at least 18 years of age with valid identification.
5) No long or artificial nails
1) Navy blue nursing uniform or scrubs and white shoes.
2) A watch with a sweep second hand.
3) Gait Belt – available in the College Bookstore
To register please return the Continuing Education Registration Form, the CNA Application, and the CNA Health Form with payment to the Continuing Education Office. Click the links below to obtain the required forms. Price: $1200 (Includes texts, State of CT certification exam fee and CT Nurse Aide Registry application fee.)
Non-credit registration form.pdf
Connecticut Department of Public Health Nurse Aide Registry
The Connecticut Department of Public Health has contracted with Prometric, Inc. to manage the Nurse Aide Registry. Certification renewal information and materials are available online at the Department of Public Health websitehttp://www.ct.gov/dph and at the Prometric website http://www.prometric.com/nurseaide/ct. Employment Verification Forms and Change of Name/Address Forms are available on the website.