Healthcare Online Courses
MxCC offers a variety of continuing education online healthcare programs and courses, including:
Nursing Continuing Education Units (c.e.u.s): Several certificates, including gerontology and complementary health and healing are available. Allegra Learning Solutions, LLC, is accredited as a provider on continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. Courses are acceptable for continuing education contact hours in all states.
Alternative Medicine: Courses and programs in several topics are offered, including an Introduction to Natural Health and Healing and a Certificate in Bioenergy and Spiritual Healing.
Ancillary/Career Exploration: Courses include Medical Terminology, Human Anatomy and Physiology, and career exploration in Medical Coding, Administrative Medical Assistant, Physical Therapy, Medical Transcription, Pharmacy Technician, Optical Assistant, and Dental Office.
To get to our Online Instruction Center go to: www.ed2go.com/mxcc
MxCC partners with EducationToGo, one of the foremost online course providers in the world to offer over 500 courses every month. All courses are instructor-facilitated and taught by many nationally-known authors and professionals. Courses typically start on the third Wednesdays and run for 6 weeks with a 2-week grace period at the end (approximately 2 months) and are available 24/7 once the course starts.
• Start Dates: January 21, February 18, March 18, April 15, May 13, June 17, July 15, August 12, September 16, October 14, November 11, December 09 in 2015
• Most courses are $119 – $130 except Certificate programs.
• Basic requirements for these online courses include (1) fairly modern computer, (2) Windows, (3) Internet access with Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox Web browser, and (4) Adobe Flash and PDF plug-ins (free downloads if not on computer). Most computer courses also require the specific version of any software that is listed under “Requirements” in the online course description. Example: For Word 2010, you need that software or Microsoft Office 2010. *Note: Mac users – check to see if the course is compatible before signing up. Generally, this only applies to computer courses.
Getting Started – 3 Easy Steps!
Visit our Online Instruction Center at www.ed2go.com/mxcc.
1. Choose your course. On the left side, click on a general “Heading” for a list or in the Search field at the top, enter a keyword like “Quickbooks” or “Math.” Once you find a course, click on its course title for more information – the Syllabus (course outline), Instructor Bio, Requirements (software, etc.), and Student Reviews. READ THE “REQUIREMENTS.” Check computer compatibility.
2. Once you’ve chosen a course, click your chosen “Start Date” and follow the step-by-step directions. Create your account OR sign in as a returning student. On the Payment page, click “Purchase Later.” This will take you to a page of payment options. We can accept your payment by phone, mail, fax, or walk-in. Your payment must be received before your course starts.
3. When your course starts, return to our “Online Instruction Center” and click the “My Classroom” link at the top of the page. To begin your studies, simply log in with your selected username and password.
Questions about programs or courses? Please email us at: email@example.com