Randi Plake joined the Center for New Media team as the program assistant in March 2013. As program assistant for the Center for New Media, Randi supports the director with project administration and student recruiting. She also prepares marketing materials and provides website and social media support for the new Center. She has been working at MxCC since July 2012 and continues to work part-time as a communication specialist in the marketing department.
Before joining MxCC, Randi strategically used social media for clients at a boutique PR agency in Farmington. During her time at the agency, Randi also worked on many different PR campaigns for clients in industries such as small businesses, retail brands, and nonprofits. Prior to that, Randi assisted with media relations efforts for Jewelers of America, a national trade association for the jewelry industry.
While working towards her master’s degree, Randi worked as a graduate assistant in both the PR department and graduate admissions department at Quinnipiac University, which sparked her passion for higher education.
Besides a specialty in social media, she also has a concentration in crisis management. She holds a bachelor’s degree in marketing from Central Connecticut State University and a master’s degree in public relations from Quinnipiac University.
Besides enjoying every minute at MxCC, Randi also loves riding bikes with her husband Brendan, her two cats, running and photography. She also spends most of her free time at her church where she co-leads the children’s ministry and mentors middle school students.
Conference Participation & Papers
- Iaco Plake, R. & Krodel, H. (2011). Ask Helena. Diamond Pulse, 28.
- Iaco Plake, R. (2011) Creating a church crisis management plan. Unpublished master’s thesis. Quinnipiac University, Hamden, CT.
- Iaco Plake, R. (2011) Who owns social media? A look inside university Facebook pages. International Conference on Learning and Administration in Higher Education 2011. Nashville, TN. May 25-27, 2011.
- Plake, R. (2012) Using social media to market continuing education. Continuing Education Join Council Meeting. Norwich, CT. November 16, 2012.
- Plake, R., Fussell Sisco, H., & Collins, E. (2013, August). Relying on Divine Intervention? An Analysis of Church Crisis Management Plans. Poster presentation at the Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication Conference, Washington, D.C.