|1.||Calculate your water footprint using one of the following sources (recommended by USGS) below:|
- Water Use Calculator: http://www.swfwmd.state.fl.us/conservation/thepowerof10/
- WEcalc Calculator: http://wecalc.org/calc/#
- CSG Network Calculator: http://www.csgnetwork.com/waterusagecalc.html
|2.||Practice at least one of the water-conservation action steps below for (at least) one month.|
- Reduce consumption of fruit and nuts grown in California http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2014/02/wheres-californias-water-going
- Eat seasonally and locally grown foods (http://www.buyctgrown.com/)
- Run the dishwasher and laundry only with full loads
- Take shorter showers instead of tub baths
- Do not run water while brushing your teeth
- Participate in “Meatless Monday,” to eat less meat overall (http://www.meatlessmonday.com/ )
- Water your lawn only during the coolest time of the day.
- Invest in a rain barrel
- Use a reusable water bottle rather than plastic water bottles.
|3.||Talk with two friends, co-workers, or family members about the pledge, and have them get involved.|