Mission Statement and Program Objectives
The mission of the Disability Support Services office is to provide services and supports that promote equal access in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. This is accomplished through the provision of accommodations, auxiliary aids and support services that are in compliance with Federal and State statues.
Upon request, the Disability Support Services coordinator will assist students in the following:
- Identifying appropriate accommodations and auxiliary aids and services.
- Developing strategies to negotiate college life.
- Increasing the individual’s self-advocacy skills.
- Communicating needs of student to faculty and staff.
- Identifying the student’s personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Assisting the student in development of compensatory skills.
- Understanding legal rights and protections and the effective use of them.
- Seeking out career development resources both on and off campus.
Helpful Forms & Documents
Disabilities Support Specialist
Office Location: Founders Hall, Room 121