(1) If you are interested in taking a credit online course, and would like to know what online classes look like and what online learning is about, you may view a video series and a presentation as well as listen to a radio interview.
(2) To view a course list for an upcoming semester, click the semester link on the left, you will see the course list and course information such as prerequisite, professor’s contact, syllabus, course overview, special requirement, etc. Most online courses have been taught by the same professor over semester. You may review the syllabus of a course offered in current semester or previous semester to have an overview on how the online course is organized.
* Click Search for Courses link (middle-right) under Public Resources.
Search with the following selections:
* Select a semester such as “Spring Term 2015“in by Term.
* Select Middlesex C C by College.
* Select ONLN – Fully Online, HYBR - Online and Classroom or OLCR-Online and Campus Requirement by Instruction Type. Courses listed in ONLN type are 100% online courses that do not require students to come to campuses for any class assignments. Campus requirement” for OLCR courses is ONLY that the final exam must be taken on campus during final exam week. The rest of the course is fully online. HYBR courses require regular campus meetings in addition to learning online. To assist your learning and success, your professor in fully online courses may host on-campus meetings but the attendance of a campus meeting is not required.
* Click on Get Courses button.
* You will then see a list of fully online classes with its instructor, remaining seats, textbook information (Textbook info link), etc. A column labeled as Rem indicates the number of remaining seats for the class. If an online class is full, you may visit this site often to see if there is a seat open. Under extreme circumstances, the course instructor may accept over-enrollment. For over-enrollment, contact the course instructor. The course instructor’s name and email can be found by clicking on the course semester link at upper left corner of this page.