Faculty Self-Service Instruction: Enter Final Grades
Logon to my.commnet.edu. mycommnet page

Login using your NetID.

NetID:Faculty/staff: BannerID@mxcc.commnet.edu

Password: The same password to log on to a campus computer at any of 12 community colleges.

Never logged on? Use the initial password!

First 3 letters of birth month (capitalize the first letter), &, and last four digits of your social security number.

For example, if you are born in April and the last four digits of your social security number are 4575, then your initial password is Apr&4575 (case sensitive).

After using the initial password, you must create new password.  The new password MUST have 8 or more characters and satisfy 3 of the 4 rules as follows:

  • Upper case
  • Lower case
  • Numbers
  • Special characters

One example of a new password is Flower10 (case sensitive). Remember; do not use your name or birthday in the new password.

Click here for more information about NetID and password.

mycommnet login

Click the Faculty Tab.

Click the Faculty Self - Service System link under Faculty and Advisor Self-Service.

faculty tab
Click Middlesex Community College. mxcc choice
Click Faculty Services faculty services

To enter final grades, click on “Final Grades.

final grade
Select a desired term from the drop-down box and click Submit. select a term
Select a desired course (CRN) from the drop-down box and click Submit. CRN

  Enter grades. 

Click Submit when done.

enter grades


  • You will be logged out after 30 minutes of inactivity and will lose grades so please be prepared to enter all grades in a timely manner.
  • Final grades are immediately recorded when you press the SUBMIT key.  Failure to press the SUBMIT key will cause all grades to be lost.
  • If you have more than 25 students in your class, click the link at the top or bottom of the screen indicating #26 through the last student.  This will bring you to the second page.  You must submit each page individually.
  • If a student has followed the official withdrawal procedures, a notation of “W” will appear “grayed out”.  The “W” cannot be over-written. 
  • Prior to the grade due time, you are able to correct grades with the above method. But after the grade due time, you cannot change a student grade in Faculty Self-Service.
  • For grade change after the due time, you need to obtain grade change form in Records Office, fill out and submit it to Records Office.
  • If you grant an Incomplete grade to a student, you need to fill out an Incomplete form and submit the form to office of Dean of Learning and Students Development (860-343-5866).

© 2010 All rights reserved. Middlesex Community College, Middletown, Connecticut 06457.

The instruction is created by Distance Learning department at  Middlesex Community College.  Use of the document without permission is strictly prohibited.