The Business Division at Middlesex Community College is just the place to start if you’re looking for a business background built on a strong foundation of diversity and dynamic program offerings.
We bring together a variety of resources, including educational programs, internships, business professionals and organizations from the community as well as highly-trained faculty experts. We offer more than 14 degree and certificate areas appealing to all strata of the business-minded community, from students to entrepreneurs and those interested in the corporate ranks.
“What’s great about business is it is applicable to everybody. We serve people of all ages and all backgrounds. No matter where you are in your career, you’re always going to need new skills.” – Prof. Donna Leonowich, Division Chairperson.
The Business Division offers associate degrees and certificates in the following programs:
Customer Service Management
Management Information Systems
Points of Pride
- Here are just a few of the top things that bring us great pride as a division:
- In the Business Division we work closely with our advisory board and community business partners as we continuously change courses and update curriculum to best meet the needs of our students and the businesses they will ultimately serve.
- We all benefit from strong alumni support and productive faculty relationships with industry and professional organizations.
- There are numerous internship and networking opportunities for students.
- Graduates have high entrepreneurial and job placement success.
- Our expert faculty members are committed to student success.
- Our students have unique talents and abilities.
- Many of our students show entrepreneurial focus and leadership.
- Our students and faculty are highly independent thinkers.
- We are proud to encourage and to engage in different learning style.
- Students benefit from exceptional student support staff.
- The campus offers cutting-edge technology and state-of-the-art facilities.
- Networking classes with hands-on lab experiences enrich our program.
- The division offers a quality curriculum that gives students a strong and solid education.
- Our curriculum and educators take pride in bringing students an enhanced global perspective.
- MxCC’s affordable tuition makes education accessible for everyone.
- Students receive relevant marketplace training.
Our Vision and Mission
The Business Division offers comprehensive academic programs to engage students to develop business skills, knowledge and abilities while cultivating an ethical, global perspective. Upon graduation, students are prepared for successful careers in the business world or to continue their education at a four-year college or university.
Our goals include providing students with the opportunity to:
- Obtain, understand and apply concepts from general education, business and discipline-specific courses to issues and situations in the environment in which companies operate.
- Develop the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to obtain meaningful employment and have successful careers in the business field.
- Incorporate the legal, ethical and global contexts of business into the decision-making process.
- Communicate effectively in writing, orally and electronically.
- Apply fundamental business knowledge and skills to develop competent decisions in the areas of accounting, economics, computer technology, management and marketing.
- Build proficiency in current computer technology.
- Develop tools necessary to perform research.
- Work productively, individually and in teams, with members from diverse backgrounds.
- Identify changes in the external environment and adapt to those changes.
- Obtain the knowledge and skills necessary to continue their education at a four-year college or university.