For help in your math classes at MxCC, the math department has created a video channel on YouTube with step-by-step instructions on how to solved different types of equations. Check it out here.
Taking a standardized placement test for college-level mathematics courses can be very helpful in selecting the appropriate classes to get you started and the best course sequence for you. Visit the links below for some help in the process of completing the Placement Test.
Resources to prepare for the placement test:
- Sample questions
- Free Accuplacer practice tests may be found at http://www.testprepreview.com. Click on Accuplacer Test Practice.
Preparing for the Math Placement Test
- Math Study Skills Self Survey is helpful for getting students to think about their study habits. This site also gives some useful feedback.
- Study strategies for students
- Tips on studying math, note-taking, dealing with math anxiety, and more!
Online Learning Styles Inventories
- Helpful hints and details on learning styles and personality inventories that can make a difference!
- Learn more about your Learning Style here, at http://www.metamath.com//lsweb/dvclearn.htm
These online calculators can help you with your math course work at MxCC:
- Texas Instruments: http://education.ti.com/educationportal/sites/US/homePage/index.html
- Graphing Calculator Tutorial http://www.prenhall.com/divisions/esm/app/graphing/ti83/
These Math organizations can help you in your college math studies:
These additional resources below can enhance your learning experience and be some fun at the same time!
- Ask Dr. Math: http://mathforum.org/dr.math/
- Math Words and Some Other Words of Interest: http://www.pballew.net/etyindex.html
- Lessons and key practice areas: www.aaamath.com
- Fun math practice, games and topics: www.coolmath4kids.com
- A Web site good for worksheets of exercises on the mechanics of algebra: http://www.kutasoftware.com/free.html
- Math Course Flow Sequence