For financial aid during MxCC’s summer session, students must complete an application for summer assistance (available in the Financial Aid Office when Summer Registration begins) and have received financial assistance for the current academic year (September thru May). Summer is always considered the end of the academic year. Therefore, aid is awarded as Fall, Spring, Summer). A few additional things to know:
- The student must have unmet need, as determined by the FAFSA process
- Limited funds are available, but every effort will be taken to cover direct costs to the greatest extent possible.
- Student Pell Grant remaining eligibility will be determined first
- Satisfactory academic progress requirements are identical to semester requirements
For more information, contact the Financial Aid Services Office at (860) 343-5741 or Email the Financial Aid Services Office. Fax number: (860) 344-3014.
Priority Deadlines – For the best chance at a great financial aid package, completed FAFSA applications must be received by:
- MAY 1 Summer term
- AUGUST 1 Full academic year (fall and spring semesters) or just fall semester
- DECEMBER 1 Spring semester
(If you missed these dates, you can still apply!)
CHECK THE STATUS OF YOUR APPLICATION OR AWARD PACKAGE AT MyCommnet Self Service
Access to Federal and State College Funding
Middlesex Community College offers financial help to many students in need through funding provided by federal and state taxpayers.
This financial aid bridges the gap between the cost to attend college and the family’s ability to pay.
MxCC creates an individualized Financial Aid Package for each student who applies through the FAFSA program. Depending on the student’s need, financial aid grants may be awarded to cover:
- Possible additional expenses (transportation, etc.)
Email the Financial Aid Services Office
Fax required documents to the Financial Aid Services Office:
Director of Financial Aid Services
Office Location: Founders Hall, Room 132A
Office Location: Founders Hall, Room 132
MxCC’s Financial Aid Office communicates with students through their MxCC email address and the MyCommnet Self Service tool. This is the best way to keep updated on the status of your financial aid application and award package. New students: Please set up your MyCommnet email account by following the instructions provided to you by the MxCC Admissions Office or by clicking here.