- Be a United States citizen or an eligible non-citizen
- Have financial need as assessed by an eligible needs analysis system
- Be enrolled as a matriculated student at Middlesex Community College
- Be in an eligible degree or certificate program.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress
- Not be in default on any federal educational loan or owe a repayment on any federal grant at any institution
- Have completed high school or have earned the GED.
- Male students must be in compliance with the military’s selective service requirements.
NOTE: All financial aid recipients will have their attendance monitored.
The Financial Aid Office needs 4-6 weeks to process and determine the eligibility of each student BEFORE awarding the aid package.
Already applied? Check your status using the MyCommnet Self Service tool!
FINANCIAL AID FOR FULL-TIME AND PART-TIME STUDENTS
If you are taking 12 credits or more at MxCC this semester, you are considered to be a full-time student. Here’s the official breakdown and how it affects your financial aid:
- 12 credits and above: full-time – receive 100% of financial award
- 9-11 credits: 3/4-time – receive 75% of financial reward
- 6-8 credits: 1/2-time – receive 50% of financial reward (NOTE: this is the MINIMUM level needed to maximize your financial aid!)
- 3-5 credits: less than half time – Most likely not eligible for financial aid (contact Financial Aid office to confirm)
NOTE: All MxCC students are required to notify the Financial Aid office if they receive any “outside” financial assistance such as:
- Tuition benefits from an employer
- Private scholarship
- Connecticut Veteran’s Tuition waiver
- National Guard Tuition Waiver
- Post 9/11 GI Bill Payment of Tuition and Fees (Chapter 33)
MxCC reserves the right to adjust any financial aid award, in compliance with federal regulations and institutional policy, if outside aid is received after it is estimated that a student’s need has been met.
OVERPAYMENT: If an overpayment has been made, the student must return aid dollars to the appropriate accounts in the order indicated below until the over-award (overpayment) is eliminated:
- Loan funds may be reduced or cancelled or eligibility for subsidized loans may change to unsubsidized loan eligibility
- Federal Work Study Awards may be reduced or cancelled
- Scholarship aid may be reduced or cancelled
For financial aid during MxCC’s summer session, students must complete an application for summer assistance and have received financial assistance for the current academic year (September thru May). A few additional things to know:
- The student must have unmet need, as determined by the FAFSA process
- Limited funds are available, but every effort will be taken to cover the cost of tuition and books
- Student Pell Grant eligibility will be determined first
- Satisfactory academic progress requirements are identical to semester requirements
For more information, contact the Financial Aid Services Office at (860) 343-5741 or Email the Financial Aid Services Office. Fax number: (860) 344-3014.