Single Parents Line of Hope Operating Procedures:
- Each applicant must complete an application form.
- The application must be signed by the student applicant and co-signed by a dean, director or faculty member.
- The application must include a computer-generated Statement of Need (following instructions on the application) explaining how support from this fund can help in their college pursuits.
- Student must demonstrate a commitment to academic success: a copy of their transcript showing at least 6 credit hours earned at MxCC with a GPA of 2.0 or better must be attached to the application.
- A letter of recommendation from the co-signer must be attached to the application.
- Written documentation to support your need, such as a note from a medical doctor if assistance is sought for a prescribedmedicine, is required by the SPLH committee to assess an application.
- Applications and supporting documents must be delivered or sent to the MxCC Office of Financial Aid, 132 Founders Hall. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- Awards are limited to a range of up to $400 each and are limited to one per student per academic year.
- An agreement to attend financial counseling may be part of any award to any student.
- Applications can be reviewed by the SPLH committee on a rolling basis.
- Application forms and directions will be posted on the College’s P drive.
Click here to visit our form depot to download the forms.