internationalstudentAny international student seeking admission to the College is required to provide all documents listed below to the Office of Admissions. The International Student application deadline for the fall term is July 1 and November 1 for the spring semester. All documents must be translated into English and validated or notarized as being an accurate and official translation.

Please note: An I-20 will not be issued until all items noted below have been successfully submitted to and reviewed by the Admissions Office:

  • Submit an application to the College and pay the $20.00 (U.S.D.) application fee.
  • Provide proof of secondary school (high school) completion in the form of official transcript or diploma. Foreign students who have completed university level studies in their home country must have their academic records evaluated to U.S. academic equivalencies if they wish to apply any of their previous course work to their Middlesex degree program. Information regarding the evaluation of foreign credits is available through the Office of Admissions.
  • Foreign student applicants must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) exam, unless English is the official language of their home country. The official results of the TOEFL must be submitted with the application form. Currently, the minimumTOEFL score for admission is 500 on the written version, 173 on the computerized version, and 61 on the internet-based version. Information about the TOEFL test is available at American Embassies, consulates, and offices of the United States Information Service.
  • Upon arrival on campus, applicants must take the Basic Skills Assessment (BSA) in mathematics, reading and English which uses a Computerized Placement Test (CPT). Please refer to “Placement Testing – Basic Skills Assessment.”  Exemptions may apply.
  • Applicants must provide the Office of Admissions with an affidavit of support (DHS form I134), and attach a notarized bank statement and other relevant financial documents. The financial statement must be in English with currency values in U.S. dollar equivalencies.
  • Connecticut State law requires that students show proof of immunization against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella.
  • On-campus housing is not available. Students must provide proof of their intended housing/living arrangement while attending Middlesex.
  • Applicants must submit a copy of their passport.

International Transfer Students
Students in F-1 status and currently attending another college or university may transfer to Middlesex Community College as long as they have already received F-1 status and are in good academic standing. In addition to the documents noted above, F-1 students requesting a transfer to Middlesex must provide verification from their current institution that they are eligible to transfer using the attached form. Students must also forward an official transcript from their current institution for review by the deadlines listed above.

If there are any questions, please contact the Office of Admissions at 860-343-5719.

Visit MxCC Library Website for Immigration & ESOL Resources.