Students wishing to transfer from other institutions of higher education to Middlesex Community College must comply with the application requirements for admission into a degree program which are outlined above. (See Application to Degree Programs.) In addition, transfer students wishing to transfer coursework completed at another accredited college or university or by CLEP, must submit an official transcript from that institution to the Office of Admissions. For transfer credit, a course must either correspond to one offered at the college or be pertinent to a specific program.
The Board of Regents Policy on Transfer is:
At all Community Colleges, degree and certificate credit shall be granted only for credit courses completed at all institutions within the Connecticut State System of Higher Education and at all other collegiate institutions accredited by an agency recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation as either a Regional Accrediting Organization or a Specialized and Professional Accrediting Organizations in accordance with the following:
- Degree and certificate credit shall be granted for all credit courses that are applicable to the objectives of, or equivalent to the course requirements of, the curriculum in which the transferring student enrolls. Credit work that is not applicable or equivalent to curriculum requirements shall be accepted for credit at the discretion of the college. Degree and certificate credit shall also be granted on the basis of performance on examinations in accordance with standards and limits approved by the board of regents.
- Degree and certificate credit shall be granted for credit courses completed with a letter grade of “C-minus” or better, or with a grade of “P” (Pass). Such credit courses shall be accepted only for credit, and letter grades assigned by other institutions shall not be recorded or included in computations of student grade point averages.
- Notwithstanding the number of degree or certificate credits which shall be granted in accordance with the foregoing, the student must complete at least twenty-five percent of the minimum credit requirements for the degree or certificate through course work at the college awarding the degree or certificate.
- When a student seeks transfer credit for technical or specialty courses into a program that is also accredited by a national or regional specialized accrediting agency, such credits must be from a comparably accredited program. In the case of a request for transfer credit for technical or specialty courses from a non-specially accredited program, the college shall provide appropriate means for the validation of the student’s competency in the technical specialty course areas.
- This policy shall appear in all college catalogs.