Distance Learning Library Services
- Every MxCC student is enrolled in the Blackboard course “MxCC Research Help.” Here you will links to research guides, tutorials, and more.
- You can do your own research at home! We offer remote access to full-text electronic books and article databases on our website and in our research guides.
- The Middletown campus library is home to many great books, DVDs, CDs, videos, reference materials, magazines, journals, microforms, and course reserves. As an online student, you have the same borrowing privileges as on-ground students. Although we cannot mail items to your house, if you give us a call (860.343.5830), we will hold them for pick-up for 48 hours.
- We offer online and in-person reference assistance. Go to our Help with your Research page for online research guides, citation and writing style guides, and more. You can also contact us via email and phone (860.343.5830).
- Information for Faculty
Librarians are available to conduct instruction at the request of MxCC faculty. We offer a range of instruction options, including:
- Classroom instruction: Held in the library classroom (hands-on) or your regularly scheduled classroom. Call 860.343.5830 to discuss with a librarian, or submit a request online.
- One-on-one instruction: If a student needs additional support, you may want to encourage them to call to schedule an appointment with one of the MxCC librarians.
- Also refer to our Information Literacy Toolkit for more information about Information Literacy at MxCC, and instruction tips and tricks.
- The Library has language CDs in English, Spanish, French, Italian and Chinese which may be checked out.
- We also have Rosetta Stone software (Italian, French and Spanish) installed on computers in Rooms 707, 708, and 709. Ask for login information and headsets at the front desk.
Our liaison program is designed to enhance communication between faculty and the MxCC Library. Each division is assigned a librarian whose role is to share information about library resources and services as well as address concerns. Please contact Lan Liu for general requests and the librarian liaison of your division for Library Purchase Suggestions.
- Humanities Division Liaison: Anne Paluck (x5831)
- Business Division Liaison: Joy Hansen (x5832)
- Mathematics Division Liaison: Tamara Ottum (x5835)
- Science & Health Division Liaison: Tamara Ottum (x5835)
- Social & Behavioral Science Division Liaison: Joy Hansen (x5832)
Page last updated: 2013-11-04