What is the Magic Food Bus?
Officially opened on September 21, 2016, the Magic Food Bus seeks to alleviate the challenges of food insecurity faced by college students and their families. The bus provides non-perishable food items, toiletries, and other items to MxCC students and staff. The bus is operated by the students of the college.
Listen to the radio show
The Magic Food Bus in the News
- Connecticut Community Colleges Open Food Pantries for Students and Faculty (WNPR)
- United Way: MxCC Magic Food Bus opens for students facing food insecurity (Middletown Press)
- Magic Food Bus to feed hungry, offer food security at MxCC (Middletown Press)
- United Way: Community college students struggle with hunger, transportation (Middletown Press)
- Food Pantry on Wheels Coming To Middlesex Community College (Middletown Patch)
- Middlesex Community College’s Magic Food Bus (The Flying Horse)
Hours of Operation
The Magic Food Bus is open throughout the academic year.
A survey of about 4,000 students across 10 community colleges nationwide found that more than half suffered from some level of food insecurity.
Make a Difference!
One in every seven Americans faces food insecurity.
You can help change that.