The MxCC Meriden Center was started in 1979 as part of the Connecticut Community College system, in response to a need for convenient, affordable and accessible education in the Greater Meriden and Wallingford communities. Having moved to its current location in 2004, the Meriden Center today enjoys continual growth as more and more area residents take note of what it offers — right here in downtown Meriden!
- The Meriden Center has approximately 600 credit students and is growing.
- 80% of all current graduates have taken at least 1 class in Meriden.
- Meriden provides the most students to MxCC out of any town in the MxCC Service region. 624 out of 2849 (Spring 2011) students enrolled at MxCC reside in Meriden.
- The most popular programs are General Studies, Criminal Justice, Human Services, and Business Administration.
- The most popular non-credit programs are Certified Nursing Assistant and Precision Manufacturing.
- Over 50% of Meriden students utilize financial aid.
- Over 40% of Meriden students are minority.
- 21 percent of the total Middlesex Community College population attends The Meriden Center
- More than 60 courses to choose from
- Articulation Agreements / Guaranteed Admission to UConn and other state universities
- New On-Site Allied Health Lab
- Precision Manufacturing Institute (PMI), Maynard Street
- New programs in Veterinary Technician, Patient Care Technician, and Phlebotomy
- Partnership with Meriden YMCA offers students a full semester membership for $5.00. This includes use of outdoor center and downtown facility.
- Annual “Welcome Day” for new and continuing students and their families.
- Full-time Director
- Full-time Academic Coordinator
- Full-time Retention Specialist
- Part-time work-study students
- Tutors: Math, English, Computers, Chemistry, and more.