To help you get to know MxCC – the campus, our community, the way we do things –
Upcoming New Student Orientation Dates Coming Soon!
- ARRIVE READY! Review, print, and complete these HOMEWORK worksheets and bring with you to NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION. … and review additional helpful information below.
- WATCH these short videos about using My.Commnet.Edu and other on-campus technology. The College expects you to know the content of all 5 videos before you start classes.
Note: Online students, those who already hold a degree from another institution, and those transferring into MxCC with more than 15 earned credits are not required to attend orientation (although they are welcome). Students who missed the on-campus program should immediately and thoroughly review the content of this site.
New Student Orientation is hosted by the Office of Student Activities. Contact Judy Mazgulski with questions at [email protected], or at 860-343-5868.
Whether you are taking one class or several, for personal enrichment or career advancement, to earn a degree with us or transfer, MxCC has the resources to assist you in accomplishing your goals.
Print and complete these worksheets NOW and bring to NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION:
TO DO NOW! PRINT AND BRING TO ORIENTATION
- Think About It – Why am I here?
- Things To Do Before Starting Classes at MxCC
- Campus Tips: Things you need to know your first week!
- My.Commnet.edu: A Checklist for Getting and Staying Connected Online at MxCC
- Follett’s Bookstore @ MxCC: Demystified
INFORMATION TO REVIEW/BRING TO ORIENTATION IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS
- Paying for your MxCC Education: Tuition and fees MUST be paid when you register for classes
- Paying for your MxCC Education: A Financial Aid Checklist
- Your Plan to Earn Your Degree – and Keep Your Financial Aid
- Myths and Truths: Taking Classes Online (Distance Learning)
- Full-Time or Part-Time: What’s right for you?