Explore your options. Achieve your dreams.
Professional careers begin at MxCC – If you are pursuing a professional career – or considering a career change – in the medical, dental, legal, veterinarian, engineering, or ophthalmic fields, MxCC is here to help. Our team of experienced advisors will help you create a road map that leverages your existing degrees and experiences – starting with MxCC courses and resources that will round out your credentials. In this way, we prepare students for professional certifications, transfer to a four-year college or university (undergraduate or graduate level), including medical or law shcool.
Additionally, MxCC students are able to take select courses at any other state institutions (Connecticut Community Colleges, the Connecticut State University System, and the University of Connecticut) if such courses are not offered at MxCC. Through this advantageous program, our Pre-Professional Advisors can better match you with the most relevant courses needed for your professional career.
This specialized advising service is a supplement to traditional academic advising at MxCC – created to better assist students who have a professional plan in mind. We invite students from all majors to take advantage of the Pre-Professional Advising services available at MxCC.
Click on the link in the left menu to learn more about our programs and advisors.
Our advisors can help you on the road to one of these professional careers at MxCC:
- Physician Assistant
- Rehabilitation – Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Language
- Exercise Science/Athletic Trainer
- Respiratory Therapy
- Radiologic Technology and Other Imaging Careers (Songraphy, Mammography, CT Scan, MRI)
- Surgical Technology
- Nurse Anesthesia
- Advanced Practice Nursing (APRN)
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.)
- Engineering Technician or Technologist
- Software Developer or programmer
- IT Professional (Systems Analyst, Support Specialist, Systems Administrator, IT Manager, etc.)
- Veterinarian Technician