On Friday March 20th 2015 from 10PM through 2:00AM Saturday March 21 (4 hours), All Microsoft Office 365 for Students accounts will not be able to log in to the Office 365 portal. This will impact students ability to log into the portal to check their e-mail, change their settings, download Office software, etc. Sorry for the inconvenience – More information at https://websupport.ct.edu/
The email account will be yours for life.
Here are the steps for logging into your student email:
1. Enter the Microsoft Office 365 web address: portal.microsoftonline.com (or click the button above)
2. In the User ID field enter your NetID [eight-digit Banner ID followed by @student.commnet.edu (ex: email@example.com)] NOTE: You will NOT use your assigned email address to login with, you must use your NetID. When you click on the Password field, you will see a redirect alert
and then a pop up box that will prompt you to enter your ID and password again.
3. Enter your information again into this authentication box. Your password is the same password that you use to login to my.commnet.edu. If you are new to the college and have not changed your password in my.commnet, you will need to do that first. See instructions in blue box below.
4. Click the OK button
5. You should now be logged in to your student email.
You can also view your new email address and log into Office 365 through the “Student Email Channel” in myCommNet:
- Log into http://my.commnet.edu using your Net ID and password (see instructions below if you’re a first time user)
- Click on the Student Tab
- The Student Email channel will display your new email account address and a link to the Office 365 Login page
- Click on the Office 365 Login link and login with your NetID and password, following the steps above.
Logging into my.commnet.edu for the first time and changing your password
If you’re a new student and you’ve never logged into my.commnet.edu, you will need to do so and change your password BEFORE you can login to your student email. Here are the steps to do that.
- Go to my.commnet.edu
- Enter your NetID into the box. Your NetID is the same as the ID in step 2 above. If you don’t know your NetID, use the “Forgot NetID” tool underneath the ID and password.
Your password is the first three letters of your birth month with the first letter capitalized (ex. Mar), the & sign, and the last four numbers of your social security number. An example password would be Jan&1234
- When you login, a box will pop up, prompting you to change your password. This is the password you will use to login to my.commnet.edu from now on, as well as your email.