A Technology Fair for Future IT Professionals
Harness the passion…unlock the potential
May 17, 2017
9 am – 1 pm
Chapman Hall, Room 808
TECH FEST is a technology fair that is being hosted by the MxCC Computer Club. The goal of TECH FEST is to inspire future Information Technology (IT) professionals by showcasing innovative ways in which students can harness their passion for computer technology and thereby unlock their potential. Many of our MxCC students have done just that, and have launched successful careers and business ventures in the field of technology.
TECH FEST will feature students in action. Members of the Computer Club and Robotics Club will demonstrate their unique skills and explain how their fascination with technology has unlocked wonderful opportunities in their lives. Students will also be given a tour of our state-of-the-art Center for New Media.
We will also have a panel of MxCC Computer Club Presidents who will share their stories of campus leadership and explain how their passion has helped them to chart their respective courses in the IT industry.
Our featured presentations will be given by two dynamic speakers:
- Randi McCray will tell of how her introduction to programming as a young girl helped to spawn a career in Mobile Application Development and a community outreach that teaches computer science to inner city youth.
- Leonardo Dionicio will share his career success story and how he has risen to the position of Second Vice President of Enterprise Network and Security at the Travelers Insurance Company.
The target audience for TECH FEST is high school and college students who are interested in IT careers.
Registration is preferred. Individuals and groups are encouraged to register (below) by May 5, 2017. Lunch will be provided for our registered guests.
- Computer Information Technology
- Management Information Systems
- Communications Networking Certificate
- Help Desk Technician Certificate
- Software Developer Certificate
For more information about Tech Fest or about our degrees and certificates, please contact
Prof. Donna Hylton – email: email@example.com * phone: (860) 343-5774
MxCC also have a very active Computer Club and a fully functioning Technology Center.
Click here to learn more about our events and activities.
You may contact us at: The Technology Center – email: firstname.lastname@example.org * phone: (860) 343-6922