Enrollment Services

Middlesex Community College admits individuals for both fall and spring terms on a full- or part-time basis. Applicants may apply as either a degree or non-degree seeking student.

The following selective programs require personal interviews, recommendations, and/or a special academic background:

  • Computed Tomography
  • Honors Program
  • MAP (Middlesex Accelerated Program)
  • Radiologic Technology
  • Veterinary Technology

Admissions requirements vary for these selective programs. Additional programs such as Broadcast Cinema, Human Services and Ophthalmic Design and Dispensing may require an interview with the program coordinator. Please contact the Office of Enrollment Services at 860-343-5719/ 866-526-6008 (toll-free) for information about these programs and application instructions.

Requirements for Degree Seeking Students:

  1. Submit an application to the Office of Enrollment Services with a copy of your high school diploma, transcripts or GED. Students without a high school diploma should contact the Office of Enrollment Services, 860-343-5719/ 866-526-6008 (toll-free), and meet with the Director of Enrollment Management to discuss your options.
  2. Pay the one-time college application fee of $20.00 (non-refundable).
  3. Provide documentation that you have been immunized (two doses) against measles, mumps, rubella, and varicella. See the policy, “Measles/Mumps/Rubella/Varicella (MMRV) Immunization Requirement”, below for details and exemption information.
  4. Take the College Accuplacer. Please see the Placement Testing website for details and exemption information.

Requirements for Non-Degree Seeking Students:

Complete steps 1 and 2 noted above. Depending on your educational background, the courses you are interested in taking and/or their prerequisites, you may have to take the Accuplacer. Please see the Placement Testing website for details and exemption information. Application materials should be sent to:

Office of Enrollment Services
Middlesex Community College
100 Training Hill Road
Middletown, CT 06457

Admission of Current High School Students

Applicants currently attending high school are asked to submit their application materials (application and official copy of transcript) through their guidance office. Upon graduation, a copy of the high school diploma or a final transcript must be forwarded to the Office of Enrollment Services. You may apply as either a full- or part-time, non-degree seeking student. Please refer to the appropriate degree category above for instructions.

High School Partnership Program
Middlesex Community College has signed agreements with many area high schools which permit eligible high school juniors and seniors to enroll in general fund supported credit courses at no cost. In order to participate in the college’s High School Partnership Program, students must:

  • Have at least a “B” average
  • Be in the top 20 percent of their class
  • Have the written recommendation of their principal or designated representative
  • Submit an official high school transcript, and a High School Partnership application form
  • Take the Accuplacer

For additional information, contact the Office of Enrollment Services at 860-343-5719/ 866-526-6008 (toll-free).

College Career Pathways
Middlesex Community College’s College Career Pathways (CCP) program gives sophomore, junior and senior students at participating high schools the opportunity to enroll in college courses at their high school while simultaneously earning high school and college credits for those courses. Applicants will be given directions on how to apply through the guidance office at their participating high school.

Other High School-age Students
Middlesex Community College will accept for early admission outstanding high school-age students that demonstrate sufficient academic ability and maturity. These students must demonstrate sufficient academic ability as evidenced by high school grades and the results of the college’s Accuplacer (skills assessment is required), and provide a written recommendation by their principal or guidance counselor. A current official copy of the applicant’s high school transcript must accompany the college application. All high school or home-schooled students must have appropriate placement scores, satisfy course prerequisites and meet with the Director of Enrollment Management prior to registering. Students may register for credit courses (according to placement test results) but are considered non-degree seeking. Upon completion of high school, students may move to degree-seeking status.

Homeschooled Students
Middlesex Community College welcomes qualified home-educated students seeking admission to the college. A home-educated applicant is someone who has graduated from a homeschooling program that meets the minimum requirements of their local school district.

Homeschooled students who do not have a high school diploma may still attend Middlesex, but only as a part-time, non-degree seeking student. All homeschooled students must demonstrate sufficient academic ability and satisfy course prerequisites before they can register for classes. Homeschooled students should also meet with the Director of Enrollment Services for an interview before registering for classes.

Placement Testing – Accuplacer

For the most current information, please visit MxCC’s Placement Testing website.

Advanced Placement Scores

Students who scored a 3 or higher on their high school Advanced Placement (AP) courses may receive college credit through MxCC’s College Entrance Examination Board’s Advanced Placement Program. Official scores should be submitted to the Office of Enrollment Services for consideration. When credit is awarded, it is entered on the student’s college transcript, but the grade is not included in the college grade point average.

Measles/Mumps/Rubella/Varicella (MMRV) ImmunizationRequirement

In order to minimize both the school and state-wide health impact of measles, the Connecticut Legislature passed SHB 7171 AAC Proof ofImmunization Against Measles, Mumps, Rubella, and Varicella for Certain Persons at Institutions of Higher Education. This law, which became effective July 1,1989, states that if an individual was born after December 31, 1956, and enrolls as a part-time or full-time matriculated student at an institution of higher education in Connecticut, the individual must present either a certificate of immunization against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella, or laboratory evidence demonstrating said immunity. Students will not be permitted to register without proper State immunization documentation.
Exemptions to this requirement include:

  • Individuals born before January 1, 1957
  • Laboratory confirmation of immunity to such disease
  • Documentation from a physician stating that the student is medically contraindicated from receiving such vaccine
  • Documentation from the student that such immunization is contrary to his/her religious beliefs
  • Documentation from a physician or director of health that the student has had a confirmed case of such disease

Adequate Immunization: 

Students must have two (2) doses of each of the following vaccine administered at least one (1) month apart to ensure adequate immunization: 

  • Measles, Mumps, Rubella: Two doses administered at least one month apart.
  • Varicella (Chicken Pox): Two doses or provide certification from physician that student has had disease. Students born in the United States before 1980 are exempt from the Varicella requirement.

A student’s health and that of the campus community depend upon compliance with this legislation. For additional information, contact the Dean of Students at 860-343-5759.

Transfer Students

Students wishing to transfer from other institutions of higher education to Middlesex must comply with the application requirements for admission into a degree program outlined above(see Application to Degree Programs). In addition, transfer students, wishing to transfer course work completed at another college or university or by CLEP, must request an official transcript of previous college work from that institution. This transcript must be sent (hand-carried documents will not be accepted) to the Office of Enrollment Services at MxCC. For transfer credit, a course must either correspond to one offered at the college or be pertinent to a specific program.

The Board of Regents Policy on Transfer

At all community colleges, degree and certificate credit shall be granted only for credit courses completed at all institutions within the Connecticut State System of Higher Education and at all other collegiate institutions accredited by an agency recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation as either a Regional Accrediting Organization or a Specialized and Professional Accrediting Organizations in accordance with the following:

  1. Degree and certificate credit shall be granted for all credit courses that are applicable to the objectives of, or equivalent to, the course requirements of, the curriculum in which the transferring student enrolls. Credit work that is not applicable or equivalent to curriculum requirements shall be accepted for credit at the discretion of the college. Degree and certificate credit shall also be granted on the basis of performance on examinations in accordance with standards and limits approved by the board of regents.
  2. Degree and certificate credit shall be granted for credit courses completed with a letter grade of “C-” or better, or with a grade of “P” (Pass). Such credit courses shall be accepted only for credit, and letter grades assigned by other institutions shall not be recorded or included in computations of student grade point averages.
  3. Notwithstanding the number of degree or certificate credits which shall be granted in accordance with the foregoing, the student must complete at least 25 percent of the minimum credit requirements for the degree or certificate through course work at the college awarding the degree or certificate.
  4. When a student seeks transfer credit for technical or specialty courses into a program that is also accredited by a national or regional specialized accrediting agency, such credits must be from a comparably accredited program. In the case of a request for transfer credit for technical or specialty courses from a non-specially accredited program, the college shall provide appropriate means for the validation of the student’s competency in the technical specialty course areas.
  5. This policy shall appear in all college catalogs.


Former MxCC students who have been absent for more than two years and who wish to be considered for readmission to the college, should complete a Readmit Application. If the student attended another college during his/her absence from MxCC, he/she must request that an official transcript be forwarded to the Office of Enrollment Services at Middlesex. Students who apply for readmission do not pay an application fee if previously paid.

Senior Citizens

Senior citizens must follow the same application procedures as all other students. Legislation requires that all senior citizens (62 or older) who wish to apply for tuition and fee waivers must enroll at the end of the regular registration periods on a space available basis. Call the Office of Enrollment Services at 860-343-5719/ 866-526-6008 (toll-free) for additional information.

International Students

Any international student seeking admission to the college is required to provide all documents listed below to the Office of Enrollment Services. The international student deadline is July 1 for the fall semester and November 1 for the spring semester. All documents must be translated into English and validated or notarized as being an accurate and official translation. An I-20 cannot be issued until all items noted below have been submitted to the Admissions Office:

  • Completed application and $20 (U.S.) application fee).
  • Proof of completion of secondary school (high school), in the form of official transcripts or diploma. Foreign students who have completed university level studies in their home country must have their academic records evaluated to U.S. academic equivalencies if they wish to apply any of their previous work to their MxCC degree program. Information regarding the evaluation of foreign credits is available through the Office of Enrollment Services.
  • Results from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) exam, unless English is the only official language of their home country. Currently, the minimum required TOEFL score is 500 on the written version, 173 on the computerized version, and 61 on the internet-based version. Information about the TOEFL test is available at American Embassies, consulates and offices of the United States Information Service.
  • Affidavit of support (DHS form I-134), notarized bank statement and other relevant financial documents (in English with currency values in U.S. dollar equivalencies).
  • Proof of immunization against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella; two doses are required with a least one dose being given after 1980 (per Connecticut State law).
  • Proof of their intended housing/living arrangement while attending MxCC (as housing is not available on-campus).
  • Copy of valid passport.

After acceptance to the College, and upon arrival on campus, applicants must take the Accuplacer in mathematics, reading and English. This Computerized Placement Test (CPT) provides information about the student’s level of accomplishment in mathematics, reading and English. Please refer to Placement Testing-Acucplacer.

If there are any questions, please contact the Office of Enrollment Services, Middlesex Community College, 100 Training Hill Road, Middletown, CT 06457. Phone: 860-343-5719/ 866-526-6008 (toll-free).

Students with Disabilities

Middlesex Community College is committed to excellence and accessibility in education for all students. The college provides an equal educational opportunity to students with disabilities under section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA, 1990). Middlesex strives to provide students with disabilities the opportunity to receive a positive college experience.

Students with disabilities who may require special accommodations should contact the Office of Disability Support Services (D.S.S.) at 860-343-5879. Students are also encouraged to disclose their disability to the learning specialist upon notification of admission to the college. Disclosure of a documented disability will enable the support staff to provide assistance with the Accuplacer, program planning, course scheduling, and classroom accommodations appropriate to the individual’s needs. Instructors are under no obligation to provide accommodations unless the student has disclosed the nature of the disability to the designated service provider on campus. The college reserves the right to determine the nature and extent of the accommodations provided.

Middlesex strives to provide services within the guidelines and spirit of the American with Disabilities Act.

Students in need of ambulatory assistance should contact the Office of the Dean of Administration at 860-343-5704, so that emergency evacuation plans can be made. The individual student is responsible for personal service attendant.

Students with Medical Problems

Students are responsible for notifying the Dean of Students and instructors of any chronic medical problem.Through this process, faculty and administration can better provide services for students with such medical problems.

New England Regional Student Program

The New England Board of Higher Education’s Tuition Break provides a discount on out-of-state tuition to Connecticut residents when they enroll in approved degree programs at specific state colleges and universities in Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island or Vermont. Connecticut residents are eligible for the Tuition Break Program if they enroll in an approved major that is not offered by the public colleges and universities in their home state.

Visit www.nebhe.org/tuitionbreak for details.

This page was last updated May 1, 2017.