Computer Science is the study of computers and computational systems. Unlike electrical and computer engineers, computer scientists deal mostly with software and software systems; this includes their theory, design, development, and application.
- Complete an Associate in Arts degree in Computer Science Studies.
- Transfer seamlessly into a Bachelor of Science Degree Program with junior-level status in the receiving CSCU institution as part of the CSCU transfer tickets program.
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Communicate using terminology appropriate to Computer Science.
- Understand theories and research methods used in computer Science.
- Apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills on questions asked in Computer Science.
- Recognize the need to engage in lifelong learning.
Becoming Connecticut State Community College
A merger of Connecticut’s 12 community colleges is underway. As a part of this merger, modifications will be made to academic programs. Students who do not complete their programs by the end of the Spring 2023 term will be matched with the Connecticut State Community College (CT State) program that most closely aligns with the student’s Spring 2023 program and is offered at the current Middlesex Community College location. The College is committed to students completing their education with a minimum of disruption. Further details can be found and will be updated on the Frequently Asked Questions page: www.ct.edu/ctstate/academics.