Computer Science is the study of computers and computational systems. Unlike electrical and computer engineers, computer scientists deal mostly with software and software systems; this includes their theory, design, development, and application.
- Complete an Associate in Arts degree in Computer Science Studies.
- Transfer seamlessly into a Bachelor of Science Degree Program with junior-level status in the receiving CSCU institution as part of the CSCU transfer tickets program.
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Communicate using terminology appropriate to Computer Science.
- Understand theories and research methods used in computer Science.
- Apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills on questions asked in Computer Science.
- Recognize the need to engage in lifelong learning.
Becoming Connecticut State Community College
STUDENTS: The Community Colleges are undergoing a merger with a plan to become Connecticut State Community College in fall 2023; please work closely with your advisor/program coordinator to select your courses accordingly. See this page for more details about this exciting transition!