Computer Science is the study of computers and computational systems. Unlike electrical and computer engineers, computer scientists deal mostly with software and software systems; this includes their theory, design, development, and application.
- Complete an Associate in Arts degree in Computer Science Studies.
- Transfer seamlessly into a Bachelor of Science Degree Program with junior-level status in the receiving CSCU institution as part of the CSCU transfer tickets program.
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Communicate using terminology appropriate to Computer Science.
- Understand theories and research methods used in computer Science.
- Apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills on questions asked in Computer Science.
- Recognize the need to engage in lifelong learning.
Note About Financial Aid
Federal regulations stipulate that a student may only receive financial aid for courses that count towards their degree/certificate. To comply with this regulation, MxCC must track the courses that a student is registered for that count towards their degree/certificate program. Courses identified as not meeting program requirements will not be included in the calculation of financial aid eligibility. Pre requisites will be covered. This procedure is now in effect. Eligibility ceases once a student attempts 90 credits for a typical 60 credit program.
Becoming Connecticut State Community College
STUDENTS: The Community Colleges are undergoing a merger with a plan to become Connecticut State Community College in fall 2023; please work closely with your advisor/program coordinator to select your courses accordingly. Click here for more details about this merger.