Tell a good story, be creative, work with others. That’s what professionals in the digital marketing field do. They are visual, analytical, love social media, and live in the virtual world. The Digital Marketing certificate prepares students for entry-level digital marketing positions. It also can boost current marketable skills on a resume and help facilitate a career change.
The Digital Marketing certificate is a career path that includes business, communications, English, and new media production courses. While the Digital Marketing program is offered as a certificate, the program can also be an area of specialization for the New Media Production associate degree and can be taken concurrently.
Students should meet with a Guided Pathways Advisor/Faculty Advisor to review graduation requirements and plan for future semesters by logging into MyCommnet and clicking on Degree Works.
A review from the American Marketing Association and the Digital Marketing Association of the top skills digital Marketers need to be successful in the workforce are embedded in the program design. In addition, the Digital Marketing certificate outcomes provide competencies in the top skills required found in digital marketing positions; Marketing Knowledge, Social Media Marketing, Marketing Strategy, Product Management, Budgeting, Marketing Communications, Content Marketing, E-commerce, User Interface & Experience, Online Advertising Email Marketing, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Website Optimization, Display and Video Advertising and Analytics.
Upon completion of this certificate, a student will be able to:
- Understand and apply segmentation, targeting, positioning, branding, and the marketing mix in pursuit of long-term marketing objectives.
- Develop and apply integrated marketing strategies for all channels.
- Analyze principles, techniques and major functions of management and business organizations.
- Create Search Engine Marketing (SEM) & Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) techniques (campaigns), evaluate their effectiveness and recommend changes that will improve an e-commerce campaign’s conversion rates.
- Understand the various methods of online display advertising and create online display ad campaigns and measure its ROAS (return on ad spend based on budgeting) for an e-commerce site.
- Understand and interpret web analytics; determine the appropriate KPIs for any type of website and make appropriate recommendations to an e-commerce website based on the conversion funnel and analytics.
- Understand and implement best practices in marketing to a database of current and potential customers via email.
- Create compelling content including titles, bylines and copy and utilize knowledge of social media tactics to design an effective social media campaigns.
- Use new media including social media, blogs, web sites and online portfolios for course presentations and job preparation.
- Effectively use a variety of industry standard tools and processes for producing contemporary forms of digital media across multiple delivery platforms and delivery systems.
Assistant Professor Accounting, Program Coordinator of Business
Office Location: Wheaton Hall, Room 313