This program is a CSCU TAP Transfer Degree that is intended for Connecticut Community College students to transfer to Connecticut State Universities and Charter Oak State College without either losing any credits or being required to take extra credits in order to complete a bachelor’s degree in that same discipline.
Please contact a campus advisor for this program:
Recommended course of study for the CSCU Pathway Transfer Degree: English Studies, A.A. If you are studying part time, simply follow the order of the courses listed here, but be aware that some courses serve as prerequisites to subsequent courses. Note that not all courses will be available every semester. You will notice that in many instances you will be able to choose the specific course you will take from within a category. For a list of the courses from each category that you can choose from, go to Appendix (PDF).
Program Requirements are listed on the Connecticut State Colleges & Universities (CSCU) website
Students should meet with a Guided Pathways Advisor/Faculty Advisor to review graduation requirements and plan for future semesters by logging into MyCommnet and clicking on Degree Works.
These requirements are effective if you declared the Transfer Ticket: CSCU Pathway Transfer Degree: English Studies, A.A. major for the 2017/18 through 2021/22 academic year.
This English Studies, A.A. Degree serves as the single community college degree to all of the State University and Charter Oak State College business majors listed below. You will declare your specific field when you transfer. With this degree you will be able to transfer to the following majors.
Follow this link for important information about when and how to apply for transfer to a State University or Charter Oak State College.
At Central Connecticut State University:
At Eastern Connecticut State University:
- English-General English Studies, B.A.
- English-Literacy Concentration, B.A.
- English-Creative Writing Concentration, B.A.
- English-Cultural Studies Concentration, B.A.
- English-Rhetoric and Composition Concentration, B.A.
- English-Student-Designed Concentration, B.A.
At Southern Connecticut State University:
At Western Connecticut State University:
At Charter Oak State College:
**You are free to choose any courses at or above 100-level to complete unrestricted electives. If you decide to use your Unrestricted Electives to take additional ENG courses, keep these CSU/COSC policies in mind. You should meet with your advisor before selecting any additional courses.
- For the English BA, either ENG 221 OR ENG 231 (but not both) can be applied
- For the English BA, Literary Studies, three (and sometimes four) additional 200-level ENG courses can be applied: one from ENG 210, ENG 213, & ENG 114; one from ENG 250, ENG 251, ENG 262, ENG 263, & ENG 264; one from ENG 281; and one from ENG 221, ENG 222, ENG 231, ENG 232 For the English BA, Rhetoric and Composition, ENG 281 can be applied For the English BA, Cultural Studies, two from ENG 114, ENG 250, ENG 251, ENG 262, & ENG 262; and one from ENG 281 can be applied. For the English BA, Creative Writing one from ENG 210, ENG 213, ENG 214, ENG 263, and ENG 264; and one from ENG 281, can be applied
- For the English BA, Literature OR English BA, Professional Writing, no additional 100- or 200-level courses will be applied For the English BA, Creative Writing, ENG 282 & ENG 283 will be applied
- For the English BA, 2 of the remaining courses from ENG 221, ENG 222, ENG 231, & ENG 232 will be applied
COSC. For the English BA, 4 additional 200-level courses will be applied
Timeline for Priority Registration, Financial Aid, and Campus Residence for Graduating Transfer Ticket Students
Important: August 1 October 1 FAFSA Application opens
Two semesters before transfer
- You can begin applying to CSUs as a transfer student. Charter Oak has rolling admissions, with 8 term start dates per year. See websites at bottom of page for admission information for each campus. One semester before transfer 1st day of semester Complete application by this date. Request your electronic transcripts be sent to a CSU or Charter Oak, including your Degree Works Graduation Audit, by following these instructions.
*Note: You can continue to apply past this priority deadline; however, there is no guarantee of priority registration after this point.
By March 1 (for Fall start) OR By October 15 (for Spring start)
- Receive a letter from the CSU Admissions office. The letter will include the advising schedule, the registration schedule, and contact information for your advisor.
*Note: As soon as possible, you should
(1) confirm your plans to attend and
(2) pay the enrollment confirmation deposition in order to secure priority registration, and
(3) if you want on-campus housing, pay the housing deposit to secure housing space.
Advising period (varies by campus)
- Meet with a CSU/COSC advisor
- Register with comparable students (exact dates differ among CSUs); your CSU advisor will provide those dates.
- Begin classes at CSU or COSC!
For more precise information regarding application, enrollment, registration, and financial aid at each CSU or COSC, see their respective websites.
- Central Connecticut State University – CCSU
- Southern Connecticut State University- SCSU
- Western Connecticut State University- WCSU
- Charter Oak State College – COSC