This program is a CSCU TAP Transfer Degree that is intended for Connecticut Community College students to transfer to Connecticut State Universities and Charter Oak State College without either losing any credits or being required to take extra credits in order to complete a bachelor’s degree in that same discipline.
Please contact a campus advisor for this program:
Recommended course of study for the CSCU Pathway Transfer Degree: Spanish Studies, A.A. If you are studying part time, simply follow the order of the courses listed here, but be aware that some courses serve as prerequisites to subsequent courses. Note that not all courses will be available every semester. You will notice that in many instances you will be able to choose the specific course you will take from within a category. For a list of the courses from each category that you can choose from, go to Appendix (PDF).
Program Requirements are listed on the Connecticut State Colleges & Universities (CSCU) website
Students should meet with a Guided Pathways Advisor/Faculty Advisor to review graduation requirements and plan for future semesters by logging into MyCommnet and clicking on Degree Works.
Timeline for Priority Registration, Financial Aid, and Campus Residence for Graduating Transfer Ticket Students
Important: August 1 October 1 FAFSA Application opens
Two semesters before transfer
- You can begin applying to CSUs as a transfer student. Charter Oak has rolling admissions, with 8 term start dates per year. See websites at bottom of page for admission information for each campus. One semester before transfer 1st day of semester Complete application by this date. Request your electronic transcripts be sent to a CSU or Charter Oak, including your Degree Works Graduation Audit, by following these instructions.
*Note: You can continue to apply past this priority deadline; however, there is no guarantee of priority registration after this point.
By March 1 (for Fall start) OR By October 15 (for Spring start)
- Receive a letter from the CSU Admissions office. The letter will include the advising schedule, the registration schedule, and contact information for your advisor.
*Note: As soon as possible, you should
(1) confirm your plans to attend and
(2) pay the enrollment confirmation deposition in order to secure priority registration, and
(3) if you want on-campus housing, pay the housing deposit to secure housing space.
Advising period (varies by campus)
- Meet with a CSU/COSC advisor
- Register with comparable students (exact dates differ among CSUs); your CSU advisor will provide those dates.
- Begin classes at CSU or COSC!
For more precise information regarding application, enrollment, registration, and financial aid at each CSU or COSC, see their respective websites.
- Central Connecticut State University – CCSU
- Southern Connecticut State University- SCSU
- Western Connecticut State University- WCSU
- Charter Oak State College – COSC