UConn’s Guaranteed Admissions Program (GAP)


What is GAP?
  • GAP is an agreement between the Connecticut Community Colleges and the University of Connecticut, designed for students who plan to continue their studies to earn a bachelor’s degree in Liberal Arts and Sciences, Agriculture, Health, and Natural Resources or Business.
  •  Students in the GAP are guaranteed admission to the University of Connecticut once the associate degree has been earned, appropriate courses have been completed, and minimum grades and requirements for the selected program have been achieved. Advisors from individual community colleges and UConn meet with Guaranteed Admission Program students throughout their community college careers, helping their eventual transition to the University.
  • Students wishing to enroll in the Guaranteed Admission Program must be matriculated in the Liberal Arts transfer program at one of the Connecticut community colleges.
Who is Eligible for GAP?
  • Students who have earned 30 transferable credits or less and are enrolled in the Connecticut Community Colleges. These 30 credits exclude any extraneous credits (e.g. CLEP, Credits by Examination, Tech Prep, DANTES), but may include credits earned through College Board Advanced Placement Examinations; and the University of Connecticut Early College Experience Program.
  •  Transfer students to the community colleges may be eligible to participate in the GA Program. GA Program advisors will determine their eligibility.
  • Former UConn degree-seeking students are not eligible to participate in the GA program.
What are some of the transfer requirements for in GAP?
  • Students must graduate with a minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average for entry into the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences and the College of Agriculture, Health, & Natural Resources
  • Students must graduate with a minimum 3.3 cumulative grade point average for entry into the  School of Business. The grade point average will be calculated on all courses taken, including all grades for any repeated courses. Students must complete all School of Business prerequisites with a minimum grade of B.
    • Students must earn an Associate Degree in a Liberal Arts transfer program and must earn the degree within five years of their enrollment in the Guaranteed Admission Program.
How do I apply for GAP?
  • Fill out a Guaranteed Admission application which must be signed by a community college Counselor. The application must be sent to UConn Undergraduate Admissions Office along with an official high school transcript and application fee. If the community college does not possess an official high school transcript, the applicant will be advised to request one to be sent directly by the high school to the University of Connecticut Undergraduate Transfer Admissions Office. The student selects their choice of major at the time of application.
  • At the time of application to graduate with the associate degree, the student must complete and send to UConn an Intent to Enroll form available from a community college Counselor. Students must also send an official transcript from the community college and any other colleges they have attended.
  • All interested Middlesex students should contact Gail Mozzicato in the Career Development & Counseling Center, Founders Hall, Room 121, 860-343-5826 (or at the Meriden Center on Wednesdays and Thursdays) for further information and assistance with the application process.
Where can I find more information on GAP online?