Paraeducator Workshop – Spring 2019
This course is offered in collaboration with Middletown Public School System.
Paraeducators play an essential role as a member of the educational team. Further your ability to support students socially and emotionally through understanding how your work impacts student behavior and academic success. This course will build on your knowledge of specific disabilities, provide strategies for behavioral and academic success, and approaches to foster independence and build self-esteem.
Topics to be covered include:
- The developmental profiles of children with various disabilities,
- Strategies to support students’ social, emotional, and behavior needs
- Fostering Independence Strategies
- De-escalation Techniques
- Role Clarity
- Support & Collaboration-Communication Techniques
- Debriefing – when and with whom
- Caring for self
Tuition: $10 Scholarships available.
Dates: 3/26, 4/2, 4/9
Times: 4-5:15 p.m.
Location: Woodrow Wilson Middle School*, Room TBD
Instructor: Caputo and Kreinest
Woodrow Wilson Middle School is located at 370 Hunting Hill Ave. Middletown, CT 06457
- Paraprofessional Flyer
- Paraeducator Scholarship Application
- Registration form
- Non-Credit Program Supplemental Application
Quick/Easy Registration Instructions: