The English Department strives to improve students’ active reading abilities, written and oral expression, and critical thinking skills. Through its commitment to open access, the English department enhances all aspects of literacy and develops stronger readers, writers, and thinkers for certificates, degrees, transfer, and life-long learning.
Through close reading and analysis of diverse texts and by crafting written works for various audiences, students will be able to think deeply, argue convincingly, and communicate effectively.See the English department photo gallery
Points of Pride
- Clubs: Creative Writing, MxCC Reads, and S.P.E.A.K.
- English Fast Tracks (noncredit offerings)
- English Pathways to Connecticut State Universities
- Grant Recipients
- Honors Program
- Lectures, readings, panel discussions, workshops, and special literary events
- Poetry Festival
- Partnerships with the community, adult education, high schools, and universities
- Transitional Year Program
- To construct written works for different audiences.
- To read, comprehend, and analyze challenging and diverse texts.
English AdvisingWhich English Course Should I Take?
- Placement Scores
- ENG Course Sequence
- Challenge Essay Eligibility and Recommendation Form
- Fast Track Eligibility Checklist
English Learning Options
English Pathway TAP Advising
Other English related forms can be found on this page under “Forms for Faculty and Staff.”