Any international student seeking admission to the College is required to provide all documents listed below to the Office of Admissions. The International Student application deadline for the fall term is July 1 and November 1 for the spring semester. All documents must be translated into English and validated or notarized as being an accurate and official translation.
Please note: an I-20 will not be issued until all items noted below have been successfully submitted to and reviewed by the Office of Enrollment Services:
- Submit an application to the College and pay the $20.00 (U.S.D.) application fee. Applicants must select a degree program. Please be advised that some of our programs are selective (as noted in our College catalog) and have additional admission requirements.
- Complete and submit the International Student Personal Information Form.
- Provide proof of secondary school (high school) completion in the form of official transcript or diploma (documents must be in English). Foreign students who have completed university level studies in their home country must have their academic records evaluated to U.S. academic equivalencies if they wish to apply any of their previous course work to their Middlesex degree program. The evaluation agency must be a member of NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluation Services). A list of acceptable evaluation agencies may be found here: http://naces.org/members. If your transcript is in English, an evaluation is still required to determine equivalencies. Information regarding the evaluation of foreign credits is available through the Office of Enrollment Services.
- Connecticut State law requires students to provide documented proof of immunization (two doses) against Measles, Mumps, Rubella and Varicella.
- Applicants must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) exam or IELTS, unless English is the official language of their home country. The official results of the TOEFL or IELTS must be submitted with the application. Currently, the minimum TOEFL score for admission is 500 on the written version, 173 on the computerized version, and 61 on the internet-based version. The minimum IELTS score is 5.
- Upon arrival on campus, applicants must take the Accuplacer in mathematics, reading and English. The Accuplacer uses a Computerized Placement Test (CPT). Please refer to https://mxcc.edu/take-accuplacer/ for more information. Exemptions may apply.
- Applicants must provide the Office of Enrollment Services with an affidavit of support (DHS form I134), and attach a notarized bank statement and other relevant financial documents. The financial statement must be in English with currency values in U.S. dollar (USD) equivalencies. The sponsor must provide documents that show they have adequate funds to cover the student’s annual expenses, estimated to be $19,000.00 USD per academic year (full-time, fall and spring tuition, fees, books and living expenses).
- On-campus housing is not available. Applicants must provide proof of their intended housing/living arrangement while attending Middlesex. Once in Connecticut, any address change must be reported to a designated school official.
- Applicants must submit a copy of their passport and any other student visa credentials.
International students attending another United States college or university may transfer to Middlesex Community College if they currently have a valid F-1 visa and are in good academic standing. In addition to the documents noted above, F-1 students requesting a transfer to Middlesex must provide verification from their current institution that they are eligible to transfer using the attached form. Students must also forward an official college transcript to the Office of Enrollment Services for evaluation.
International students pay out-of-state tuition rates and are not eligible for federal or state financial aid. Students must maintain a full-time (12 or more credits) course load each fall and spring semester.
Current out-of-state tuition rates may be found at http://www/ct.edu/admission/tuition.
If there are any questions, please contact the Office of Enrollment Services at 860-343-5719/ 866-526-6008 (toll-free) or email us at email@example.com.
Visit MxCC Library Website for Immigration & ESOL Resources.