Top Reasons to Attend MxCC in the Summer!
• Get ahead on next semester’s coursework!
• Catch up on the courses you need to graduate.
• Complete the prerequisites necessary for your degree program.
• Summer courses typically meet for a shorter period of time; between five and ten weeks.
• Enjoy a high-quality, low-cost education at the “College of Our Community!”
Choosing MxCC this Summer… Smart!
• You’ll find schedules that fit your busy lifestyle, including a boundless selection of online classes.
• You’ll get an early start on your college career.
• You can take a course over the summer and transfer it back to your college.
• Small classes, great teachers, individual attention… all at a price that’s affordable.
• Best of all, you may finish your degree in fewer semesters saving you both time and money.
Summer Course Offerings
Choose from courses in:
- College & Career Success
- Communication & Speech
- Computer Applications, Science, & Technology
- Criminal Justice
- Early Childhood Education
- Earth Science
- Health Information Management
- Human Services
- Medical Assisting
- Political Science
- Veterinary Technology
- and more!
SESSION I (5 WEEKS) May 22–June 26
SESSION II (5 WEEKS) June 27–August 1
SESSION III (7 WEEKS) June 12–August 1
SESSION IV (10 WEEKS) May 22–August 1
- New, degree-seeking students must attend New Student Orientation prior to registering for classes.
- Continuing students are encouraged to first reach out to their academic advisor. You can locate your faculty advisor through your Degree Works.
You can find more information on our Academic Advising page
Continuing Students may use the instructions below to register themselves online or follow along with this video:
Audio Transcript >
- Login to myCommNet .
- Access Banner Self-Service.
- Click “Registration/Schedule.”
- Select “Class Registration.”
- Select the term for registration, then submit.
- Enter your CRNs and click “Submit Changes” or click on the “Class Search” button to find courses.
- Once you see “Web Registered,” you are registered and payment must be initiated.
- Click “Billing/Payment” link at the top to initiate and follow the payment process. Click here to download instructions for paying online .
- If you run into issues – email MX-EnrollmentServices@mxcc.edu with questions.
- It is more important than ever to register ASAP – and you must use your student email for all communication.
We are open Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. for limited in-person services. The Enrollment Services and Business Office teams are available for walk-in services.
For advising, please connect with your assigned advisor first. If you have issues connecting with your assigned advisor, please email Mx-Advising@mxcc.edu .
If you are coming to the Middletown campus, please follow these rules:
- All visitors must wear masks upon entering the building and follow social distancing protocols.
- Please follow all campus signs for the designated building entrance.
- Please bring a pen/pencil, and if possible, your own tablet, smartphone, or laptop. We will try to avoid all paper forms and show you how to access them digitally from your device.
- Be prepared! Know your Banner ID and your student email address. You will need both to conduct in-person business. (Check our website for help in locating these.)
- Depending on how many people are in Founders Hall at the same time, you could be asked to wait outside or in your car, so bring water and snacks.
You may also schedule an in-person appointment with Financial Aid, Academic Advising, and Veterans Services offices. You MUST book the appointment before you come to campus. If you arrive and do not have an appointment for these services, you will not be able to enter the building. Please see the rules above to prepare for your visit to these offices.
Here are ways to access the appointment calendar:
Final things to keep in mind:
- No lounges or social areas are open on campus.
- No computer labs are open on campus.
- All visitors must sign in and out when visiting Founders Hall.
- Please visit mxcc.edu/coronavirus for the most current campus information.
We appreciate your adherence to all COVID-19 protocols and look forward to seeing to you soon! If you have any questions about coming to campus, please email Dr. Sara Hanson, Associate Dean of Student Affairs, at SHanson@mxcc.edu .
Safe Learning Options Course Formats
MxCC offers many learning options to maximize flexibility and safety: on ground (in-person), fully online, hybrid, live remote online teaching (LRON), Live Remote Online Teaching Hybrid (LRON HYBRID), and Online with a Campus Requirement (OLCR).
Learn more about all the different learning options here.
Registration Process for Non-Degree/Summer-Only Students
In order to expedite the registration process, Non-degree/Summer-Only students should follow the steps below:
- Email MX-EnrollmentServices@mxcc.edu with either “Non-degree” or “Summer Registration” in the subject line.
- Include unofficial copies of transcripts in that email (if applicable) and indicate which classes (specific CRN required) you’re intending to take.
- If you don’t know if the course requires a prerequisite, visit the Course Catalog on our website located at https://mxcc.edu/catalog/course-descriptions/. At the bottom of each course description, prerequisites are listed.
- The Enrollment Services team will process any prerequisite overrides needed and respond back to let you know the override has been entered and then you may register online.
- The Enrollment Team will be responsible for advising in these cases. If you meet the prerequisites for the course as verified on unofficial transcripts or appropriate SAT/ACT/Accuplacer scores, the waivers are placed in the system.
- If you don’t meet the prerequisites, the Enrollment Services team will let you know you’re not eligible to take the course.
- You should always communicate using your student email account so we can verify the identity of who we are communicating with. If you need help logging on to MyCommnet, accessing student email, or registering, please visit this page: https://mxcc.edu/distance/student-technology-resources/
Request More Information
Contact the Office of Admissions at 860-343-5719 / 866-526-6008 (toll-free) or email email@example.com.
Summer/Winter Withdrawal Policy
In order to receive a 100% tuition refund, a course must be dropped BEFORE the scheduled start date. Once a course begins, no refund will be available.
Search for Summer Courses
Use this search function to find courses at MxCC and the other CT community colleges. You may sort by course type as well as other options. Note that your search results will appear on the myCommNet website, not the MxCC website.
Summer 2023 and Earlier
Existing Summer 2023 courses may be found under our current course catalog here.
Fall 2023 and Later
As Middlesex Community College is becoming part of CT State, courses for Fall 2023 and beyond can be found here.