All students are required to fill out the Graduation Application Form
Students need to meet with their advisor prior to completing the application form to discuss eligibility, next steps, and future plans.
Complete the Graduation Application Form prior to the commencement ceremony to indicate their intent to graduate.
- Fall Applications are due by Dec. 1
- Spring/Summer Applications are due by April 15
To be eligible, students must have:
- Successfully completed an entire curriculum pattern in Degree Works, including the total credits for the pattern
- Earned a cumulative G.P.A. of 2.0 or better
- Completed a minimum of 25% of their program requirements at MxCC
Once submitted electronically:
- The student will receive an automatic notice of submission
- The Registrar’s Office will process application on a rolling basis throughout the semester
- A separate email will be sent to the student’s official college email account to discuss next steps.
Please see the Step-by-Step Guide for more information:
Please note, Program Checklists will no longer be accepted. Students and advisors may use program checklists as reference for course sequences, but they will not be used as part of the student record.
You may request your official transcript using the instructions located at www.mxcc.edu/transcripts.
Please note, if you have any holds on your account, you will not be able to obtain your official transcript or your diploma/certificate until you rectify the hold.
Commencement information as well as diploma information can be found at www.mxcc.edu/commencement
Please remember to check your MxCC student email for the most up-to-date information.
Note About Financial Aid
Federal regulations stipulate that a student may only receive financial aid for courses that count towards their degree/certificate. To comply with this regulation, MxCC must track the courses that a student is registered for that count towards their degree/certificate program. Courses identified as not meeting program requirements will not be included in the calculation of financial aid eligibility. Pre requisites will be covered. This procedure is now in effect. Eligibility ceases once a student attempts 90 credits for a typical 60 credit program.
Becoming Connecticut State Community College
STUDENTS: The Community Colleges are undergoing a merger with a plan to become Connecticut State Community College in fall 2023; please work closely with your advisor/program coordinator to select your courses accordingly. Click here for more details about this merger.