Become a Hotel Manager
Online Hotel Management Training
Hotel and hospitality managers are responsible to make sure that their guests have a safe and enjoyable experience when staying at their properties. From resorts to business class hotels, bed and breakfasts and vacation rental properties, this 100% online course will introduce you to the hospitality management environment. It will help you understand the complexities of hotel management and the systems and practices hospitality professionals use to manage them.
Job Outlook for Hotel Management
- The US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reports that employment in traditional hotels and motels has been affected by the recent trend toward short-term rentals such as AirBnB or VRBO. The Bureau recommends specialized training in hotel management for prospective hotel managers who want to thrive in a competitive job market, especially those who want to work in upscale and luxury properties.
- According to Salary.com, hotel managers in the US earn between $54,000 and $170,000 per year, with an average of $110,602 nationwide. PayScale.com reports that salaries for early-career hotel managers range between $29,000 and $72,000 during the first 1-4 years of their careers.
Hotel Management FAQs
- This course provides fundamental knowledge and skills required to work in the hotel industry
- Overview of the hospitality business
- Introduction to essential hotel management roles
- Areas of management, including staff leadership, activity and event coordination, and food and beverage roles
- Foundations of integrated disciplines including business management, hospitality and tourism, logistics, and record-keeping
Prerequisites and Requirements
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
I. Introduction: The Scope and Nature of Hotel Management
II. Workplace & Hotel Organization
III. Hotel Staff Management
- Hospitality Control Systems
- Front Desk Operations (Reception)
- Servicing Rooms and General Cleaning
VII. Building and Facility Maintenance
VIII. Activities Management
- Food & Beverage Service
Registration and Enrollment
This course is open enrollment. You can enroll and begin anytime.
Thea Roberts is an instructor with a background in business administration. Previously, she was a finance officer and employment advisor. She also held a position in the Washington State Ombudsman Program. Roberts holds a Bachelor of Commerce and a Master of Arts.