Online Life Coach Training Course
Become a Certified Life Coach
Life coaches provide expert guidance to help their clients establish and meet important goals. This 100% course will train you to work as a life coach and teach you how to launch your own coaching practice. You’ll learn the Core Competencies of the International Coach Federations (ICF) and become a Certified Professional Coach (CPC) upon course completion.
“The course helped me with my career journey! It was laid out in a methodical way and truly prepared me to work with clients. I was able to tailor the exercises to fit my practice clients and use that skill in my career.”
— Rosemarie A.
Job Outlook for Life Coaches
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) found that in a professional survey, life coach practitioners reported “an average annual income from coaching of about $61,900.”
- The BLS also noted that many life coaches often have another career, which informs their practice as a life coach. For example, an experienced business leader may have a coaching practice for clients who want to achieve specific career goals in addition to their primary job.
- com reports that the average fee for life coaches is $31.45 per hour. Experience life coaches can charge $150.00 and above per hour depending on their specialty.
- Earn a Certified Professional Coach (CPC) certification, issued through the International Association of Professional Recovery Coaches (IAPRC)
- Learn strategies for applying the IAPRC Code of Ethics, ICF Core Competencies, and other coaching concepts
- Build a foundation for coaching relationships using a formal coaching agreement
- Develop an Envisioning Possibilities statement for your practice client
- Establish your personal coaching presence, style, and communication system
Prerequisites and Requirements
There are no specific prerequisites for taking this course.
AWARENESS AND MINDFUL INTENTION
Power of a professional code of ethics; coaching roles and personal qualities of outstanding coaches
AWARENESS AND MINDFUL INTENTION, PT. 2
Listening and building rapport; standards of practice and rules of engagement
ACTION TOOLS AND SKILLS
Positive Psychology, three potentials and the coaching cycle; coaching conversation dynamics and ICF Core Competencies
ACTION TOOLS AND SKILLS, PT. 2
Ethical guidelines, professional standards and establishing the coaching agreement; trust and intimacy, active listening and powerful questioning
ASSUMPTIONS AND DEEPER INSIGHT
Wellbeing: positive psychology evolves; the Johari Window, self-discovery and emotional intelligence 2.0
The bedrock of success: E+R=O; self-responsibility, self-esteem and the last resort in self-responsibility
ACCELERATE YOUR BUSINESS LAUNCH
Envision your ideal business, clarify your mission and begin with the end in mind; four strategies for going the distance and finding your niche
ACCELERATE YOUR BUSINESS LAUNCH, PT. 2
Six strengths to leverage your credibility and using your voice to define your expertise; strategic networking, marketing and promotion
Life Coaching FAQs
Registration and Enrollment
This course is 100% online. Start anytime.
Jean LaCour, Ph.D., is a Certified Prevention Professional, author, and a trainer with extensive experience in the addiction recovery field. She is the co-founder of the NET Training Institute Center for Addiction and Recovery Education, a 501(c)(3) tax exempt nonprofit corporation offering online training in addiction counseling, peer specialist support, and recovery support services.