Records & Grades

See the links below for information regarding records and grades for current MxCC students:

Student Enrollment Verifications

Student Enrollment Verifications Are Now Processed Through the National Student Clearinghouse

Students can have the appropriate company contact the National Student Clearinghouse directly by one of the ways listed below. Also, students can log into their online account and print a copy of their enrollment.

Directions to access your information Verification of student enrollment status may be necessary to provide proof of education for credit card companies, degree status, employment, insurance companies, loan deferment, student housing, or other purposes. Students that are required to verify their enrollment are encouraged to contact the National Student Clearinghouse. The cost is $2.50 and VISA, MasterCard, and American Express are accepted.

The National Student Clearinghouse accepts requests from students and/or agencies inquiring about the status of student attendance and can be reached by:
Telephone: to the Customer Service Department at 1-703-742-7791. Students may also call to verify that their information is up-to-date.
Fax or Mail-In: include student name, social security number, and date of birth. Send fax to the attention of Enrollment Verify at 1-703-742-4239 or mail to address below.
Email: send inquiries to Include student name, social security number, date of birth and send to the attention of Enrollment Verify.
Enrollment verification request forms: from insurance companies and/or other agencies can be sent directly to the Clearinghouse at

National Student Clearinghouse
13454 Sunrise Valley Drive
Herndon, VA 20171-3019

After you submit your request, please allow 7 to 10 working days for your enrollment information to become available.. If you are informed by the National Student Clearinghouse that your enrollment cannot be verified, you may contact the Registrar’s Office. Please provide a copy of the letter from the clearinghouse stating that they could not locate your records. Students must complete a Middlesex Community College enrollment verification form. The student authorizing the release of any enrollment information must sign the form. The full name and address or fax number to the person/agency to receive the verification must be provided. Completed forms are signed by the authorized staff and returned to person/agency indicated. Please allow 3 to 5 working days for processing.

Loan Deferment

Enrollment verifications for student loan deferment forms are accepted in the Records Office and are forwarded to the National Student Clearinghouse. The Clearinghouse is the agency that processes our enrollment verification information. Please allow 7 to 10 working days for your enrollment verification to become available. If you receive a collection letter, it is recommended that you call the Servicer. If, after calling, it still appears that the deferment has not been processed, you may call the Clearinghouse at 1- (703) 742-7791.

Transcript Information

What Official Transcripts Are
Academic transcripts of a student’s educational academic record are released to parties outside of the College only with written consent of the student. Exceptions to this written consent requirement include federal and state judicial orders, any lawfully issued subpoena of records, federal and state officers auditing compliance with regulations governing various student benefit programs, recognized accrediting organizations involved in the accrediting process, parents of students under eighteen years of age who are financially dependent based on the federal income tax returns of the parents and in emergency situations, appropriate persons as determined by the Dean of Learning and Student Development in order to protect the health and safety of the student or other persons.

Requesting Official Transcripts

Starting on March 30, 2015, Middlesex Community College began offering the ability to obtain official transcripts (academic records) in an electronic format (eTranscript). Current and former students will be able to request official eTranscripts to be sent to other educational institutions, potential employers, or other appropriate entities.

  • Current and Recent Students: Students who have been issued a NetID and password should login to myCommNet, navigate to Banner Self-Service, Student Records, Transcripts, and click on the Request an Official eTranscript link. If you do not remember your NetID or password, please use the online self-help tools to obtain your NetID or reset your NetID password.
  • Former Students: Students who have not been issued a NetID, please visit to submit an official eTranscript request. Please ensure that your last name, first name, date of birth and last four digits of your SSN are entered correctly so that your request can be processed in a timely manner.

Policy on Grade Reports
Grades are available online at approximately one week after the exam period. Students unable the access the web should contact the Records Office at 860-343-5724.

Requesting Unofficial Transcripts
Unofficial transcripts are available to the student through Banner WEB, or upon written request without charge. Request should in the student’s full name, former names if applicable, signature, social security number, student ID number, date of graduation or date of last attendance, and your complete address. Allow 7 to 10 working days.

Personal Information
Directions for Accessing Grades and Transcripts

  1. Go to
  2. Login using your NetID.
  3. Go to the Student Tab.
  4. Click on the “Student Self Service” Channel.
  5. Click on “Student Records”.
  6. Click on Final Grades, select term then submit.
  7. Click on Academic Transcript, select level (MxCC Credit), then submit.
  8. View/Print your final grades/transcript.
  9. Click Logout (upper right) to exit from the website.

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) affords students certain rights with respect to their education records.  These rights include:

  1. The right to inspect and review the student’s education records within 45 days of the day the college receives a request for access. Students should submit to the registrar, dean, head of the academic department, or other appropriate official [colleges may specify further if they wish], written requests that identify the record(s) they wish to inspect. The college official will make arrangements for access and notify the student of the time and place where the records may be inspected.  If the records are not maintained by the college official to whom the request was submitted, that official shall advise the student of the correct official to whom the request should be addressed.
  2. The right to request amendment of an education record that the student believes is inaccurate. Students may ask an appropriate college official to amend a record that they believe is inaccurate. The student should write to the college official, clearly identify the part of the record he or she wants changed, and specify why he/she believes it is inaccurate. The college will notify the student of the decision. If the college decides not to amend the record as requested by the student, the college will advise the student of his or her right to a hearing regarding the request for amendment. Additional information regarding the hearing procedures will be provided to the student when notified of the right to a hearing. NOTE: FERPA is not intended to provide a process to question substantive judgments that are correctly recorded. For example, the right of challenge does not allow a student to contest a grade in a course because the student believes that a higher grade should have been assigned.
  3. The right to consent to disclosure of personally identifiable information contained in the student’s education records, except to the extent that FERPA authorizes disclosure without consent. FERPA permits disclosure without consent to school officials with legitimate educational interests. A “school official” includes but is not limited to the following: a person employed by the college in an administrative, supervisory, academic, research or support staff position (including law enforcement and security personnel, counseling and health staff); a person or company with whom the college has contracted (such as an attorney, auditor, collection agent or official of the National Student Clearinghouse); a person serving on the Board of Regents who is authorized to act on its behalf; or a student serving on an official committee, such as a disciplinary or grievance committee, or assisting another school official in performing his or her tasks. A school official has a legitimate educational interest if the official needs to review an education record in order to fulfill his or her professional responsibilities.

FERPA also permits disclosure of education records without consent in connection with, but not limited to:

  • To comply with a judicial order or a lawfully issued subpoena;
  • To appropriate parties in a health or safety emergency;
  • To officials of another school, upon request, in which the student seeks or intends to enroll;
  • In connection with a student’s request for or receipt of financial aid, as necessary to determine the eligibility, amount or conditions of the financial aid, or to enforce the terms and conditions of the aid;
  • To certain officials of the U.S. Department of Education, the Comptroller General, to state and local educational authorities, in connection with certain state or federally supported education programs;
  • To accrediting organizations to carry out their functions;
  • To organizations conducting certain studies for or on behalf of the college;
  • The results of an institutional disciplinary proceeding against the alleged perpetrator of a crime of violence to the alleged victim of that crime with respect to that crime.
  • Directory information as defined in the policy of the Board of Regents.

4.    The right to refuse to permit the college to release directory information about the student, except to school officials with a legitimate educational interest and others as indicated in paragraph 3 above. To do so, a student exercising this right must notify the Office of Registrar in writing [location to be inserted by each college]. Once filed, this notification becomes a permanent part of the student’s record until the student instructs the college, in writing, to remove it.
5.    The right to file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Education concerning alleged failures by colleges to comply with the requirements of FERPA. The name and address of the Office that administers FERPA is:

Family Policy Compliance Office
U.S. Department of Education
400 Maryland Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20202-4605

Student Directory Information

The Board of Regents has designated the following as directory information:  student names and addresses, dates of attendance, full- vs. part-time student status, awards, programs of study/major, and honors and graduation date. For purposes of access by military recruiters only, telephone listings and, if known, age, level of education, and major are also designated as directory information.

Colleges may disclose directory information without prior consent, unless a student has exercised the right to refuse to permit the college to release directory information in accordance with paragraph 4 above.

FERPA and Virtual Learning

Audio recording classroom activities may affect both faculty and students in a number of ways, including the extent to which their participation may be affected by the audio-recording. In recognition thereof, the college acknowledges that there are legitimate interests involving copyright; academic freedom of the college, the instructor, and the students; privacy rights under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA); and, expectations that need to be respected regarding members of the class having their identity and statement records protected.

Insurance for Students

All full- and part-time students enrolled in credit courses are automatically covered under the School Time Only Accident Insurance Plan. Full- and part-time students are eligible to subscribe to the Optional 24-Hour Accident and Sickness Insurance Plan. In addition, students who elect Accident and Sickness Insurance may also enroll their eligible dependents. Complete details regarding student insurance are available in the office of the Dean of Students.

Graduation Information for Prospective Graduates
  1. Complete a Graduation Application/Checklist no later than April 15 of the upcoming year. This is a firm deadline. Application/Checklists are available in the Records Office or through your advisor.
  2. Make an Appointment with a counselor or advisor to make sure you have met all academic requirements. Have your Application/Checklist completed and signed.
  3. Make sure you are Officially Enrolled in Your Program.
  4. Submit your completed Checklist to the Records Office.
  5. Visit the Commencement Web page for additional information.
Access to Student Information by Military Recruiters

Section 514B of the Omnibus Consolidated Appropriations Act of 1997 (the “Solomon Amendment”) requires, as a condition of receipt of federal funds, that educational institutions provide military recruiters with access to the following information with respect to students who are 17 years of age or older and enrolled at the covered institution:

  • Student name
  • Address
  • Telephone listing
  • Student ages (if known)
  • Levels of education (if known)
  • Majors (if known)

Connecticut Public Act 97-2 (“An Act Concerning Military Recruitment”) incorporates the requirements of federal law, providing that each constituent unit of higher education must comply to the extent necessary to prevent loss of federal funds. This statute effectively overrules Gay and Lesbian Students Association v. Board of Regents of the University of Connecticut, 236 Conn. 453 (1966), which held that military recruitment in public colleges was prohibited because of another provision of state law (Connecticut General Statutes sections 46a-81I & j) prohibiting discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.

Therefore, in compliance with the Solomon Amendment and Public Act 97-2, and strictly for purposes of access by military recruiters only, MxCC has also designated the following as directory information:

  • Telephone listing
  • Student ages (if known)
  • Levels of education (if known)
  • Majors
Veterans Services

Learn more about Veterans Services at MxCC here.

Veterans and students eligible for Veterans Administration (VA) education benefits must complete the college’s application procedures for degree or certificate students. Reservists eligible for the Montgomery GI Bill (Chapter 1606) must contact the college VA representative and supply the Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE) form in order to file for benefits. Connecticut tuition waiver may apply to some veterans. Click on the following links to view:

All students who will use VA benefits must be enrolled at Middlesex as degree or certificate-seeking students. New students must have military and civilian education evaluated by the College. Since Veterans Administration benefits cover only courses which do not replicate previously gained credit, students receiving VA benefits are advised to submit their separation (DD214 ) and/or educational transcripts for an evaluation of Military Learning and/or transfer credits.

Continued eligibility for benefits is contingent upon the student complying with College regulations and conformance with program of study requirements. Only courses required for degree or certificate completion are covered by VA benefit programs. Additional courses selected by the student become the financial responsibility of the student.

Please contact the Business Office at 860-343-5729 to determine eligibility for the Connecticut Tuition Waiver.