Manufacture Your Future
Put your strengths to work and gain the skills needed to move quickly into entry-level manufacturing jobs! Complete the initial application form online to attend *FREE* 5-WEEK CLASSES:
- Intro to Manufacturing, a five-week from January 21 through February 28, 2020 at Middlesex Community College in partnership with Vinal Technical School in Middletown. Classes are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays. Registration closes January 3, 2020.
- Intro to Plastics Manufacturing, a new 10-week class from January 28 through April 4, 2020 at Three Rivers Community College in partnership with Grasso Technical School in Groton. Classes are 3 to 9:30 p.m. weekdays and registration deadline is January 3, 2020. Includes 3 weeks of on-site training at Wepco Plastics in Middlefield.
- Intro to Manufacturing and CNC, a seven-week class at Gateway Community College from March 2 through April 17, 2020 in New Haven. Classes are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays and registration deadline is January 31, 2020,
The deadline to submit applications for the first two sessions is January 3 and the third session will close on January 31. Applications are now being accepted on a rolling basis. Interested candidates can visit http://www.workforcealliance.biz/skillup to apply, followed by completing the required math assessment as soon as possible.
Dates for next classes at Gateway Community College to be announced
*FREE* to those who successfully complete an assessment and orientation session required after application.
CASH STIPEND for successful completion of training benchmarks.
EARN 250 Pre-Apprenticeship Hours.
FAQs, Course Outline, Resources at www.workforcealliance.biz/skillup
IS THIS YOU?
- Connecticut Resident Minimum High School Diploma/GED
- 18 Years or Older
- Interested in Entry-Level Manufacturing Jobs
- Open to Advancement and Potential Career Growth in Manufacturing Computer Experience or Mechanically Inclined
- Good at Math
MANUFACTURING EMPLOYER PARTNERS
These employers and more will recruit from the class for open positions. Incentives offered for paid on-the-job training. DID YOU KNOW? Connecticut has 13,000-plus manufacturing jobs that need to be filled!
Coordinator: Jean Arnold-Barry 203-867-4030 x 227 email@example.com
Funded by the Apprenticeship Connecticut Initiative. Equal Opportunity Program. Auxiliary Aids Available Upon Request to Persons with Disabilities. Contact Disability Resource Coordinator Barbara Green at 203-867-4030 x239 or firstname.lastname@example.org.