Middlesex Community College
Become a student
Ready to jump in and get started with your education?
Spring 2023 courses begin January 20
Search for Courses
Use this search function to find courses at MxCC and the other CT community colleges. You may sort by course type as well as other options. Note that your search results will appear on the myCommNet website, not the MxCC website.
Upcoming Registration Events
Ready to register for classes?
Join us for one of these registration dates to get signed up for classes!
Get to Know Middlesex
3 Convenient Locations!
Visit our beautiful, tree lined campus in Middletown, centrally located and easily accessible from route 9.
In addition to our Middletown campus, we also offer evening classes at Platt High School in Meriden, recently renovated and set up for learning!
MxCC offers a variety of online distance learning classes, credit or non-credit, as well as fully online Career Training Programs.
Take a Course...or 5
Middlesex Community College offers over 70 credit degree and certificate programs and many more continuing education (non-credit) programs in healthcare, career readiness, personal enrichment, and more.
Get a degree in as little as 13 months with our Middlesex Accelerated Program (MAP) or customized training to both private and public employers with our Business Partnership Program.
Whatever you're looking for educationally, MxCC is here to help you discover your potential!
Areas of Study
Items marked with an * indicate Continuing Education/Non-Credit courses.
Business & Hospitality
- Accounting Degree
- Accounting Degree
- Accounting Assistant Certificate
- Accounting Technician Certificate
- Business Administration Degree
- *Business Partnership Training
- Business Skills Certificate
- Business Studies Degree
- Entrepreneurship Certificate
- Management Information Systems Degree
- *Medical Billing & Coding Certificate
- *Real Estate Principles & Practices
- *Central Sterile Processing Technician
- *Certified Nurse Aide (CNA)
- *Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) Online/Hybrid
- Computed Tomography Post-Primary Certification
- *Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- *EMT/EMR Refresher & Recertification
- Health Career Pathways
- Health Information Management Certificate
- Health Information Management Degree
- *Heartsaver Adult/Child CPR Certification
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging Post-Primary Certification
- Mammography Post-Primary Certification
- *NREMT Practical Testing
- Nutrition & Dietetics (Advising Pathway)
- Ophthalmic Design & Dispensing Degree
- Ophthalmic Medical Assisting Certificate
- *Patient Care Technician (PCT)
- *Personal Trainer
- *Pharmacy Technician
- *Phlebotomy Technician
- Pre-Allied Health/Transfer Requirements
- Radiologic Technology Degree
- *Veterinary Assistant
- *Veterinary Assistant Internship
- Veterinary Technology Degree
Humanities & Creative Arts
- Art Studies Degree
- Audio & Music Production Certificate
- Broadcast Communications Certificate
- Communication Studies Degree
- Corporate Media Production Certificate
- Digital Marketing Certificate
- Digital Media Production Degree
- *English Fast-Track Workshop
- English Studies Degree
- *ESL for Healthcare Professionals
- *ESL Transition to English
- Film & Video Production Certificate
- Fine Arts Degree
- French Studies Degree
- General Studies Degree
- History Studies Degree
- Italian Studies Degree
- Liberal Arts & Sciences Degree
- Multimedia Design Certificate
- News & Sports Production Certificate
- Spanish Studies Degree
- Theatre Studies Degree
- Web Design & Development Certificate
Manufacturing & Applied Arts
- Manufacturing Engineering Technology Degree
- Manufacturing Machine Technology Certificate
- Manufacturing Machine Technology Degree
- *Skill Up for Manufacturing
Social & Behavioral Sciences and Public Service
- Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential
- *Connecticut Security Officer
- Criminal Justice Degree
- Criminology Studies Degree
- Early Childhood Education Certificate
- Early Childhood Education Degree
- Early Childhood Education Teacher Credential Studies Degree
- Geography Studies Degree
- *Human Services Assistant
- Human Services Degree
- *Paraeducator Certificate
- Political Science Studies Degree
- Psychology Studies Degree
- Social Work Studies Degree
- Sociology Studies Degree
- Therapeutic Recreation Certificate
STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math)
- Biochemistry Studies Degree
- Biology Studies Degree
- Biotechnology Certificate
- Biotechnology Degree
- Chemistry Studies Degree
- Communications Networking Certificate
- Computer Engineering Technology Degree
- Computer Information Technology Degree
- Computer Science Studies Degree
- Engineering Science Degree
- Environmental Science Degree
- Help Desk Technician Certificate
- Mathematics Studies Degree
- *Math Fast-Track Workshop
- *Natural Gas Field Technician Certificate
- Physics Studies Degree
- Software Developer Certificate
- Technology Studies Degree
Meet the Professors
These are just a few of our amazing faculty... get to know them all here.
Dr. Patrick Bryan, Biology
Dr. Patrick Bryan, Assistant Professor of Biology, has a PhD fro University of Alabama at Birmingham and brings his knowledge and skills into the science classroom. Read more...
Judith DeGraffenried, Fine & Graphic Arts
Award winning commercial artist turned professor, Judith DeGraffenried offers students both theoretical knowledge and practical advice as working artist. Read more...
Sarah Leone, Mathematics
Sarah Leone taught high school math before coming to MxCC. Because of this, she's able to understand the differences between high school and college math and strives to making it understandable to students of all mathematic backgrounds.
Dr. Lin Lin, Allied Health, Business & STEM
Dr. Lin Lin created and developed the Computer Engineering Technology program at MxCC and is excited to share her knowledge with students. Read more...
Victor Triay, History
Victor Triay is an engaging and admired history professor and author. Read more...
Rebecca Rist-Brown, Criminal Justice
Former police officer and current Criminal Justice professor and program coordinator, Rebecca Rist-Brown knows the ins and outs of the field. Read more...
Student Success Stories
Meet Megan, who took advantage of the connections between MxCC and Pieper Olson Veterinary Hospital, learned from actual doctors and technicians working in the veterinary technology field, and received her associate degree in Veterinary Technology.
Meet Mukshud, who started at MxCC and transferred to Wesleyan with a full scholarship and is now studying molecular biology and biochemistry, along with biology.
Meet Hollie, who works at News 8 after getting a degree from Middlesex Community College's Center for New Media.
Meet Alan, who got a business degree from MxCC and is now the Personal Lines VP at Brown & Brown Insurance.
Meet Cody an MxCC graduate who took his education from the Center for New Media and turned it into a successful career as an influencer on social media, traveling around the world and sharing his adventures with his fans.
Meet James, who started in the MxCC Engineering Science program, graduated as covaledictorian with a 4.0 GPA, and has since transferred with a scholarship to UConn's Engineering program.
Spring 2023 courses begin January 20
What kind of student are you?
People You May Meet Along the Way
Daisy Aiken, Enrollment Services
Whether you're applying to the college, registering for classes, or picking up a transcript, Daisy and the rest of the Enrollment Services team will be there to help.
Lora Wymer, Financial Aid
If you're applying for Financial Aid, you'll probably meet Lora, who is ready to answer questions and help you get the financial assistance you need.
Patrick Veronneau, Advising
When it's time to pick your courses, Patrick and the rest of our advising team will help you choose the right classes for your goals.