Continuing Education FAQs

Frequently Asked Questions About Non-Credit Continuing Education Courses

1.  Do I need to submit a $20 application fee for any non-credit course?   
No, there are no application fees for non-credit courses.

2. Do I need to submit proof of immunization (MMR) for these courses?
No, MMR (mumps, measles, rubella) documents are not required unless you are a CNA student and then health form, immunization records, PPD (tuberculosis testing), and a seasonal flu vaccine are required.

3.  Do I need to submit high-school or college transcripts for these courses? 
No, transcripts are not required. You are required to be a high school graduate to take many of the Allied Health courses. (Please check the course descriptions for details.)

4. Can I register online for non-credit courses?
No, but you can register for any non-credit course by phoning the office, faxing the registration form, mailing in the registration form, or visiting our office. Online registration is not available for non-credit courses. For online courses, you may enroll online, but payment still has to be made by one of the above methods.

5. Are refunds available?
Yes, you can receive a full tuition refund when you withdraw from your course at least three working days before the course start date. Once the course has started, refunds are only provided under special circumstances and require a written request to the Continuing Education Office.  They are reviewed on a case-by-case basis. A refund is not guaranteed.

6. Do you offer payment plans?
Yes, payment plans are available for programs that are $999 and above.

7. What happens if my course gets cancelled?
Students will be notified by telephone approximately 2–3 business days prior to the scheduled start date. Refund checks will be mailed to the current address on file.

8. Can I receive C.E.U.s (Continuing Education Units) for my course?
Yes, but only workforce development courses are eligible. C.E.U. requests must be made in writing to the Continuing Education Office. They are given on the basis of 1 seat hour = .1 C.E.U. or 10 hours = 1 C.E.U. To receive C.E.U.s, 100% attendance is required in a classroom course. See Online Courses for other requirements. No  partial C.E.U.s for a course will be awarded.

9. Is there an age requirement for courses?
Most workforce development courses are adult courses requiring a student to be 18 years or older. We recommend students in all other classroom courses be at least 16 years old. There is not a minimum age for online courses, but students will be treated as adults. Courses with a clinical component require students to be physically fit and in good health.

Course Locations: Please check your confirmation information or the room numbers listed in this schedule.

Confirmation Letters: Students should receive a confirmation letter of payment and a course schedule.

Refunds: Refund requests must be made to the CE Office. No refunds will be granted for requests less than three working days before a course start date. Refunds will be issued approximately a month after request or course cancellation.

Course Cancellations by College: The college reserves the right to cancel a course due to insufficient enrollments or emergency.

Students with Disabilities Policy: Middlesex Community College is committed to providing reasonable accommodations, including core services, to qualified students with disabilities. For additional information or to register for services, please go to: Students with Disabilities/Medical Problems