Read and Reply to a Discussion Message
View multimedia instruction
Per your professor, a Discussion Forum may be accessed from the Course Menu or a course Learning Module. In this course, there is a "Discussions" link on the Course Menu.
1. Click on the Discussions link on the Course Menu. You will see a list of discussion forums.
2. In a forum, the number of unread messages tells you that there are new messages posted on the forum. Click on the forum Title to enter the forum page. You will see the message threads with Subject, Author, and Date. In List View, you see a number of unread messages and a total number of messages.
3. Click on the Subject line of a thread, you see the initial message and the replied messages with subject, author, and date. To read the replied messages, use -> to go to the next message.
4. To reply to the initial message, click on Reply next to the Subject line.
5. Type your message and click on Submit. Your message will be placed to the last in the list of responses to the initial message.
6. To review another message thread, you need to go to the Navigation Path at the top and click on the Forum Title to go back to the Forum page. Then you will click on the Subject of another thread.
7. In default, you are able to view up to 25 message threads in one page. You may change the setting to see more than 25 message threads. Click on the Edit Paging icon at the bottom right corner. Enter a page number (e.g. 100) and click on GO.
Previous | Index | Next