Welcome to New Student Orientation at Middlesex!
Let Us Know You’re Coming!
There’s a lot to learn about being a college student. Join one of the sessions offered for in-person orientation and get acquainted with what we have to offer here at CT State Middlesex. We look forward to seeing you soon!
We know this isn’t your first time around but it’s important for you to feel welcomed and oriented to the services we have available for you. Join us and connect with other fellow transfer students and get to know our community.
Parents and Families
In-person Orientation is an important aid to the college transition for both students and their families. We have designed a schedule that will help you learn about our services and ways in which you can support the student.
This 30-minute orientation provides interactive videos highlighting support services and important resources available to you as a student of CT State. A Certificate of Completion will be sent to your college email along with a survey for feedback.
The deadline to complete CT State Community College – Registration period closes Friday, January 5, 2024.
How to Begin:
- You can sign-in to complete the CT State Community College – New Student Online Orientation 24-hours after being admitted to the college.
- You will need to log into myCTState prior to accessing the Online Orientation portal.
- Have your myCTState login information ready and sign in HERE to get started!
- Complete all lessons and feedback survey.
- Check your college email for your Certificate of Completion or download it from your Online Orientation dashboard.
Meet with your Guided Pathways Advisor or attend one of our Open Registration Events to select your courses for the upcoming semester. Use the following links to setup an appointment.
For more information, please see our Advising Page.
This is a critical step in your Orientation at Middlesex process. We have two time periods for students to
come in and learn more about the college, get a tour, get your student ID, finalize your schedule, and meet with
Upcoming In-Person New Student Orientations:
Tuesday, January 16
Session 1: 10 a.m.–noon
Session 2: 4-6 p.m.
Helpful Resources for New, Returning, and Readmit Students:
New Student Orientation
- Required New Student Steps
- Complete the Online Orientation (Step 1)
- Register for Classes (Step 2)
- Register and Attend an in-person – Summer Fridays at Middlesex day (Step 3)
FAFSA & PACT
One-stop to access for:
- College Email
- Course Schedule
Need Help? Contact Distance Learning Support
Policies and Other Helpful Links
- Student Handbook
- Academic Engagement Policy
- Academic Calendar
- Credit for Prior Learning: AP Scores, CLEP, Military Credit, Transferrable College Courses, Foreign College Credit
- Accommodations/Accessibility Needs
- Get your Student ID
- Get your Textbooks