How to Register: Virtual and In-person
New and Continuing Students may make virtual advising appointments here. You will meet with an intake advisor to discuss your goals, programs at MxCC, and select your first semester classes. (If you haven’t yet applied to the college, please follow the steps here to become a student.)
Continuing Students may use the instructions below to register themselves online or follow along with this video:
- Login to myCommNet.
- Access Banner Self-Service.
- Click “Registration/Schedule.”
- Select “Class Registration.”
- Select the term for registration, then submit.
- Enter your CRNs and click “Submit Changes” or click on the “Class Search” button to find courses.
- Once you see “Web Registered,” you are registered and payment must be initiated.
- Click “Billing/Payment” link at the top to initiate and follow the payment process. Click here to download instructions for paying online.
- If you run into issues – email MX-EnrollmentServices@mxcc.edu with questions.
- It is more important than ever to register ASAP – and you must use your student email for all communication.
Beginning Tuesday, July 28, Founders Hall will be open on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., so that the MxCC Enrollment Services and Business offices can assist students. These will be the ONLY two offices on the Middletown campus where students do NOT need to make an appointment to visit in-person. While some students may need to come in person, we also encourage students to take advantage of MxCC’s virtual services.
If you are coming to the Middletown campus, please follow these rules:
- All visitors must wear masks upon entering the building and follow social distancing protocols.
- Please follow all campus signs for the designated building entrance. (Only the upper parking lot will be open.)
- You may not bring family members or guests into the building with you.
- Please bring a pen/pencil, and if possible, your own tablet, smartphone, or laptop. We will try to avoid all paper forms and show you how to access them digitally from your device.
- Be prepared! Know your Banner ID and your student email address. You will need both to conduct in-person business. (Check our website for help in locating these.)
- Only Founders Hall will be open. No other campus buildings are open to students at this time.
- Depending on how many people are in Founders Hall at the same time, you could be asked to wait outside or in your car, so bring water and snacks.
You may also schedule an in-person appointment with Financial Aid, Academic Advising, and Veterans Services offices. You MUST book the appointment before you come to campus. If you arrive and do not have an appointment for these services, you will not be able to enter the building. Please see the rules above to prepare for your visit to these offices.
Here are ways to access the appointment calendar:
- Academic Advising: schedule an appointment (for all students; new, continuing, readmit, etc.)
- Financial Aid
- Veteran Services: email Melissa Hall at MHall@mxcc.edu
Final things to keep in mind:
- No lounges or social areas are open on campus.
- No computer labs are open on campus.
- All visitors must sign in and out when visiting Founders Hall.
- Please visit mxcc.edu/coronavirus for the most current campus information.
- These guidelines are valid from July 28 to August 25, 2020. More information about what students can expect on campus this fall will be published in the coming weeks.
We appreciate your adherence to all COVID-19 protocols and look forward to seeing to you soon! If you have any questions about coming to campus, please email Dr. Sara Hanson, Associate Dean of Student Affairs, at SHanson@mxcc.edu.
FALL 2020 Course Formats
For a list of courses and formats offered this fall, please see this page.
For the fall semester, classes will be held in a variety of formats:
On Ground: This course meets on campus on the scheduled days/times listed. Look for the classroom number to know which building and room this class meets in.
Standard Hybrid (HYBR): The lecture portion of this course will be instructed online with a requirement to meet in person on designated days by your instructor. Students are required to have access to a computer and to WiFi to successfully participate and earn credit in this course.
Live Remote Online Teaching (LRON): Students registered for this course will learn material online LIVE with an instructor during the scheduled days/times. Students are expected to attend class remotely via video conference. The class will run similarly to an on-campus course with exams given remotely during class time. Students are required to have access to a computer and WiFi to successfully participate and earn credit in this course.
Live Remote Online Teaching Hybrid (LRON HYBRID): Students registered for this course will learn material online LIVE with an instructor during the scheduled days/times with an additional requirement to meet in person on designated days by your instructor. Students are expected to attend class remotely via video conference. Students are required to have access to a computer and WiFi to successfully participate and earn credit in this course. *On-campus required meetings will occur during the designated course time.
Fully Online (ONLN): This course is fully online with no on-campus meeting times. Students are required to have access to a computer and to WiFi to successfully participate and earn credit in this course.
Online with a Campus Requirement (OLCR): This course meets online with an on-ground, campus requirement as designated by the instructor. Students are required to have access to a computer and to WiFi to successfully participate and earn credit in this course.
Confused About all the New Formats?
If you have any questions regarding the course offerings and modalities for this coming Fall 2020 schedule, please reach out to us at MX-Fall2020ScheduleUpdates@mxcc.edu or attend one of our upcoming Question and Answer web chats.
Registration Information for New Students
New students can book a virtual advising and registration appointment at https://mxcc.edu/appointments/academic-advising/. In-person registration appointments will be added soon.
Registration Information for Continuing Students
Continuing Students must see an advisor for course selection and to obtain registration materials.
During the school year, current students planning for the next semester should meet with their program advisor.
During the summer, continuing students can schedule an appointment* with the Career Development and Counseling Center:
*All appointments will be held virtually until July 28.
There are 4 Ways for Continuing Students to Register:
You will not be registered for your courses unless you have made payment. If you receive financial aid, please be sure the Financial Aid Office has all of your paperwork on file.
Note: Financial Aid applicants who have submitted all proper documents should first contact the Financial Aid Office, (Founders Hall, Rm. 132, 860-343-5741) before proceeding with their registration.
Note: Your proper Measles, Mumps, Rubella, & Varicella Immunization documentation must be on file in the Enrollment Services Office (Founders Hall, Room 153, 860-343-5724).
Continuing and readmit students should call the Enrollment Services Office at 860-343-5719/ 866-526-6008 (toll-free) or the Counseling Center 860-343-5826.
New students should call the Enrollment Services Office at 860-343-5719/ 866-526-6008 (toll-free) or the Academic Advising Office at 860-343-5895.
For New Students
ADVISING By Appointment (NEW Students Only)
Available to new and readmit students that have completed the following:
- Applied to MxCC;
- Submitted required documents (transcript, immunization information);
- Have a final high school GPA (transcript or self-reported), have eligible SAT/ACT scores, GED scores, prior Accuplacer score results, and/or have AP/CLEP/college credit and have copies of transcripts with them (unofficial copies are acceptable);
- Have a financial aid award package in place or are prepared to make payment when registering for classes.
ACCEPTED STUDENT DAYS (NEW Students Only)
For new and readmit students who have completed their application, have been accepted to Middlesex, and have their Banner student ID number. Students will bring eligible high school transcripts/SAT or ACT score reports/AP test scores/GED scores/college transcripts, meet with an academic advisor, and register for classes after a presentation about how to be successful at MxCC. Students should have a financial aid award package in place or be prepared to make payment. Parents are welcome and encouraged to attend the presentation at the start of the event.